In This Together

"Good luck," I said to a shaking Hermione, she was very nervous for the exam. She barely heard me over the shuffling sound of her last-minute notes.

Just as I was about to enter the Great Hall, Draco slipped a note in my hand. He gave me a small smile and went into the hall.

Y/N,  I know we haven't talked for days and I really hope you aren't still mad at me. We have to talk and sort this out soon. Good luck on your exam!

I read the note and smiled to myself, saying "Good luck to you too, Draco." under my breath.

-----------------------------------------

I finished answering all the questions on the paper and put my head down to rest.

Strange, how is Hermione not done yet?

There were suddenly some banging sounds outside the hall. Everyone watched intently as Umbridge made her way to the back of the hall and swung open the doors.

Fireworks of all colours exploded and whistled, fizzed and popped. My lips curled when I saw the Weasley twins fly in on their broomsticks. Everyone's exam papers flew into the air. The fireworks seemed to attack Inquisitorial Squad members and Slytherins, except me.

The Weasley twins set off a big firework dragon which chased Umbridge and destroyed all the Educational Decrees on the wall outside the Great Hall.

Everyone followed the twins out of the hall and into the main school ground where the twins took off, leaving a big W firework print in the sky.

While the whole student body was celebrating, Harry actually fell to the ground, saying he was seeing a vision.

"Sirius." Harry said.

-----------------------------------------

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked as she, Ron and I followed Harry up the staircase.

"I saw it. It's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries."

Hermione stopped him and said, "Harry, please, just listen. What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left." Harry snapped.

"Then what if it's a fake vision? What if he just wants to lure you there so you can retrieve whatever he wants for him. What if Sirius isn't there at all?" I asked Harry.

"How would you know if it's a fake vision?" Harry asked.

"Snape taught me Legilimency, he taught me that Legilimens can plant fake images in your mind." I said.

"But what if he is actually there? And we don't go save him? He's going to die!" Harry said, sounding almost hysterical.

Ron, Hermione and I looked at each other, Ron finally asked, "What do we do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network." Harry asked, running up the stairs.

"Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance." Hermione panted, trying to catch up with Harry.

"Not all of them." Harry replied.

-----------------------------------------

"Alert the order if you can." Harry said, throwing Floo powder into the fireplace in Umbridge's office.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron said adamantly.

"It's too dangerous!" Harry said.

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together." Hermione said crossly.

"THAT YOU ARE!" Umbridge said.

We stood in the office as the Inquisitorial Squad dragged Neville, Ginny and Luna in. Draco came in, holding Neville. "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." He said.

His smirk dropped when he saw me there. "Give me her." He said to Crabbe who was holding me. Crabbe and Draco exchanged 'hostages' which meant now Draco was restraining me and Crabbe was restraining Neville.

"He didn't hold you too tightly, did he?" Draco whispered in my ear as he placed his hand on my waist. I shook my head in response.

Harry was the one being tied in a chair and interrogated.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge bent down and asked Harry.

"No."

Umbridge slapped Harry's face, everyone flinched, even Draco.

Snape entered, "You sent for me Headmistress?"

Umbridge whipped around, "Snape! Yes, the time has come for answers, whether they want to give it to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all the stores when interrogating students. The last of it on Miss. Chang. Unless you wish to poison him, then I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you." Snape said.

Harry spoke urgently to Snape, "He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? What is he? What is he talking about, Snape?" Umbridge asked, looking really flustered.

"No idea." Snape left and Umbridge looked positively hysterical.

"Well, you give me no choice Potter, as this is an issue of Ministry Security, you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal!" Hermione said.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him," Umbridge said and placed the picture of Cornelius Fudge facing down.

Hermione started talking about some secret weapon of Dumbledore's and Umbridge actually believed that. She took Harry and Hermione away and left the members of the IS to restrain us.

Ron came up with an idea and told them he was hungry and he wanted some sweets. Ron brought out the Weasley twins' Puking Pastilles. The greedy little squad idiots took the candy and ate it themselves. They immediately started puking.

We seized the opportunity to run out of the office and to the bridge.