Ferret

"I bet Potter cheated!" Draco said, skipping a rock across the lake.

"Yeah? I don't think so." I disagreed.

"Really? Then, who?" Draco said, turning around to face me.

"Moody. I mean, so far none of our DADA teachers have been any good, except Lupin of course. Moody's crazy, that's for sure." I said and got up from where I was sitting underneath a tree.

"You don't even like Lupin, and he was a werewolf," Draco said, skipping another rock.

"I didn't like him at first." I corrected, "He's a good teacher though, you can't deny it."

I went over to where Draco was standing. I then picked up a rock and skipped it across the lake too.

"Nice one." He said.

"Thanks," I said and spotted a badge on the front of his robe. "What is that? I thought it said 'Support Cedric Diggory'."

"It does. But it also says 'Potter Stinks'. Designed and made it myself." He said proudly.

"Why would you do that?! How many people are wearing it?!" I flared up.

"Every house but Gryffindor." He answered, surprised at my sudden outburst.

"UGH!" I said and grabbed my satchel before leaving.

-----------------------------------------

"Give me those." I held out my hand and demanded the first year Hufflepuffs give me the badges.

"Why? Your boyfriend handed it to us. Potter's a cheat!" A Hufflepuff girl said.

"I said, give me those." I drew my wand out and threatened them. "You want to wear badges to support Cedric Diggory? Fine, but not ones that could turn into 'Potter Stinks'."

"It was our turn to get recognition! Hufflepuff! Not Gryffindor house, the house that is 'the best'. Why do you care?! You're a Slytherin! You're supposed to be mean and cunning!" A Hufflepuff boy said.

"That's stereotyping. I get it, it's bad getting your moment of glory taken away, but why attack someone that didn't even want the newfound spotlight?" I asked them before snatching their badges away.

"Give our badges back! We'll get more from your boyfriend! We'll tell Professor Snape!" The group of first year Hufflepuffs yelled.

"Go on, I dare you!" I roared. The Hufflepuffs glared at me and ran off in the direction of the Potions classroom.

Good luck to them, Professor Snape would never give his own house student detention.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Draco's snobby voice sounded...from a tree?

I saw Draco up in a tree, with his gang standing around it. Harry was looking very tense as he faced them.

"My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last 10 minutes in this tournament." Draco said, hopping down from the tree. "He disagrees, he thinks you won't last 5!"

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy." Harry bellowed, pushing Draco. "He's vile and cruel, and you're pathetic!"

Harry turned around to walk away.

"Pathetic?" Draco asked, pulling out his wand to hex Harry.

"Oh, no you don't, sonny!" Moody yelled and transformed Draco into a white ferret.

I gasped and ran to the scene.

"I'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned! You stinking, cowardly, scummy, back shooting..." Moody said while making the ferret bounce up and down.

"STOP!" I screamed.

"Professor Moody! What are you doing?!" McGonagall ran up and asked.

"Teaching!" Moody answered, still making the ferret bounce.

"Is that a...? Is that a student?" McGonagall asked.

"Technically, it's a ferret." Moody said and stuffed the ferret into Crabbe's pants.

"WHAT KIND OF TEACHER ARE YOU?!" I roared with anger, drawing my own wand out.

Moody turned to me and was about to transform me into something too when McGonagall stepped in front of me.

Once the ferret crawled out of Crabbe's pants, McGonagall turned it back to Draco.

Draco stood up, looking traumatized and angry. "My father will hear about this!" He said and ran behind the tree, seeing Moody advancing on him.

"Is that a threat?! Is that a threat?!" Moody yelled, chasing Draco around the tree.

"Professor Moody! Professor!" McGonagall called sternly. Moody stopped chasing.

Draco ran off as fast as he could.

"I could tell you stories about your father that would curl even your greasy hair!" Moody yelled after Draco.

Bitch, look at your hair!

"Alastor." McGonagall said.

"It doesn't end here!" Moody continued yelling.

"Alastor!" McGonagall repeated.

Moody looked at her for the first time.

"We never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Dumbledore told you that." McGonagall said sternly.

"He might've mentioned it." Moody said meekly.

"You will do well to remember it!" McGonagall said.

"Barmy tosser!" I yelled at Moody.

"Miss. Crankshaw, language!" McGonagall warned.

I made an apologetic hand gesture to McGonagall and ran off to find Draco.

-----------------------------------------

"Draco, you okay?" I ran up to him and asked.

Draco was sitting alone by the lake.

"No, I just got turned into a ferret. I was humiliated." Draco answered bitterly.

I sat down next to him and placed his head on my shoulder, stroking his smooth platinum-blond hair.

"It's okay, it's okay." I said.

"Are you not mad at me anymore?" He asked.

"I am...but what happened to you was worse, so I'm going to let it slide for now." I answered.

Draco smiled and kissed me on the cheek.