Goblet of Fire

"Alastor Moody, Ex-Auror, Ministry Malcontent, and your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of Story. Goodbye. The end....Any questions?" Moody introduced himself.

"Watch this teacher leave after 1 year." I joked with Draco softly. He chuckled.

Moody threw a piece of chalk at me, narrowly missing. He shot me a death glare.

Oh shit.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. First, which of you can tell me, how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

"Three, sir," Hermione said, her voice trembling slightly.

"And they're so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-"

"Earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct." Moody finished. "Now the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do, I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan."

Everyone turned to Seamus. "No way. The old codger can see out of the back of his head." Seamus whispered.

"And hear across classrooms!" Moody yelled, throwing another piece of chalk at Seamus. "So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

"Yes?" Ron yelped.

"Stand! Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse."

"Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you way." Moody said, walking over to the jars of bugs on his desk.

He brought out a spider-looking bug and made it twice its size with "Engorgio!". He then cast the Imperius Curse on it.

He made it go to Dean's desk and crawl over his books.

"Don't worry, it's completely harmless." Moody said and made it crawl on Crabbe's head.

He swung it over to Parvati Patil and it crawled up her arm.

I held Draco's hand out of fright.

Moody made the bug fly to Ron's head and said, "If she bites, it's lethal."

Draco started laughing at Ron so Moody targeted him.

"What are you laughing at?" he said and made the bug fly onto Draco's face.

Says the person that is laughing because he's frightening a class of 14 year-olds.

I let go of Draco's hand and edged away.

If it touches me I'll kill the bug and Moody.

"Get off! Get off!" Draco yelled.

"Aha! Talented, isn't she?" Moody laughed hysterically, "What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?"

We watched as he made it fly back to his hands. "Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding, under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?" Moody asked. "Another. Another."

Students raised their hands.

"Longbottom, is it? Up!" Moody said to Neville.

Neville got up, shaking.

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology." Moody said.

"T-there's the...um...the Cruciatus Curse." Neville stuttered.