Detention (Pt 1)

I was walking along the tables in the Great Hall when I heard Hermione's voice sound. I stopped in my tracks and went to the Gryffindor table to join their conversation.

Ron was looking through his chocolate frog cards, while Harry and Hermione were studying.

"Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic!" Hermione said to Ron reproachfully, "We've got final exams coming up soon."

"I'm ready. Ask me any question." Ron said confidently, Harry was smirking a bit beside Ron.

"Alright, what are the 3 most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"

"I forgot." He replied, his confident smile fading. I snickered.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"

"Copy off you?" Ron said sneeringly.

"No, you won't!" Hermione replied defensively, "Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an Anti-Cheating Spell."

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron said loudly, placing a card on the table. "Dumbledore again!"

Neville came hopping in, his legs were bound together. Draco's doing, I saw him doing it to Neville earlier before I came to the hall.

"Leg-locker curse?" Ron asked confused.

"Malfoy," Harry answered, shooting a look at me. I quickly averted my gaze while everyone in the hall erupted into fits of laughter.

Neville hopped to us four.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville," Ron said.

"How? I can barely stand at all. Crankshaw's boyfriend hexed me." Neville pointed to me while hopping.

I scowled at him but my cheeks grew red. "He's not my boyfriend." I snapped.

"I'll do the counter-curse." Seamus stood up excitedly.

"No, that's all I need! You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire." Neville said sarcastically.

Seamus slammed his wand down in anger. "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cared to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He said angrily and walked off, letting everyone see a bald patch at the back of his head.

I sighed.

Honestly, some Gryffindors are just idiots. Neville has no brains and Seamus is a pyrotechnician.

I turned back to Hermione and found her and Harry and Ron scrambling out of their seats.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked curiously.

"The library, follow me."

-----------------------------------------

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid?" Hermione said and slammed a huge book on the table that Ron, Harry and I were sitting at.

"That is big!" I exclaimed loudly.

"Of course it is, Y/N. I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading.

"This is light?!" Ron said disbelievingly.

Hermione gave him an annoyed look and rolled her eyes while flipping through the pages. "Of course, here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone."

"The what?" Ron and Harry asked in sync.

"Honestly, don't you two read? The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It'll transform any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron echoed.

"It means you'll never die," I said lazily.

"I know what it means!" Ron snapped at me.

"Shh, both of you!" Harry shushed us.

"The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday. That's what Fluffy is guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trap door. The Philosopher's Stone."

"What Stone? What trap door? Who's Fluffy? Why are you guys so interested?" I asked suddenly, utterly confused.

The trio turned to me and explained everything, making me promise not to tell anyone else. "We think Professor Snape's trying to steal it." Hermione finished.

"Snape? No way! He's a good person, honestly." I said.

"Face it, Y/N, he tried to kill Harry in that Quidditch match," Ron said.

"I think it's Quirrel-" I began but was cut off.

"Y/N! What are you doing with these people?" Draco's usual drawling voice sounded behind me. I hastily stood up and waved goodbye to the trio, ushering Draco away before he could say something nasty to them.

"Nothing, just talking about exams with Hermione." I made up an excuse.

"Really? Then why were you talking about Quirrel?"

"Um...I was saying that Quirrel's exam was going to be the easiest. You know, considering he's a stuttering fool." I answered quickly.

Draco gave a satisfied chuckle and walked back to the common room with me.

-----------------------------------------

"Come on!" Draco said while dragging me by the hand all the way to Hagrid's hut. He said something about spying on the trio and them having a dragon, which I didn't believe at all.

We stopped outside the window, peering inside. A big brown egg was cracking loudly, the trio was inside, surrounding the egg.

"Is that a dragon?" Malfoy breathed.

"No, that's a unicorn," I answered sarcastically, earning a hard nudge from Draco.

"Shut it." He snapped and leaned closer, snapping a twig while doing so.

Hagrid looked up and saw us both.

"Crap, run!" Draco said and ran off back to the castle, with me in tow.