Chamber of Secrets (Pt 2)

We ran into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom.

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the chamber. At least we can tell him what we know!" Harry said.

We went into his office and saw him packing his clothes into a trunk.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry demanded.

"Uh...Well yes, urgent call, unavoidable, got to go." Lockhart said.

"What about my sister?!" Ron asked desperately.

"Well, um, as to that, most unfortunate, no one regrets more than I," Lockhart said and grabbed a pile of books and stuffed it into his trunk.

"You're the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher!" Ron yelled angrily. "You can't go now!"

"Well, I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about-" Lockhart said and finished packing a bag.

"You're running away?! After all that stuff, you did in your books?!" Harry roared.

"Books can be misleading!" Lockhart said.

"You wrote them!"

"My dear boy, do you use your common sense?! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!" Lockhart raised his voice.

"You're a fraud! You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!" Harry said, his face red with anger.

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked.

"Or anything you've done worthing knowing about?" I added.

"Yes! Now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms, otherwise, you would've seen all those wizards would've gone blabbing. And I'd never have sold another book." Lockhart said evilly and grabbed his wand. "In fact, I'm going to have to do the same to you!"

We were quicker than him, all three of us drew our wands out before he did.

"Don't even think about it!" Harry said and motioned for Lockhart to lower his wand.

-----------------------------------------

"Hello, Harry. What do you want?" Moaning Myrtle asked as we entered her bathroom.

Ron and I were pointing our wands at Lockhart to make sure he didn't escape.

"To ask you how you died."

"Oh, it was dreadful, it happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in." Myrtle said.

"Who was it, Myrtle?" Harry asked.

"I don't know! I was distraught!" Myrtle said, sounding very stand-offish.

She sobbed and continued, "But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language and I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door to tell him to GO AWAY and I died."

"Just like that? How?" Harry pressed on.

"I just remembered seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes. Over there, by that sink." Myrtle responded and went back to crying.

Harry began checking the sink and found a serpent design on the side of the tap. "This is it, this is it, Ron, Y/N." He breathed, too excited to speak. "I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets."

"Say something, Harry or Y/N. Say something in Parseltongue!" Ron urged us.

"Open." Harry and I hissed at the sink.

The sinks started detaching themselves from each other, showing a huge hole in the middle.

Lockhart leaned over to look at the hole, then he turned to Harry. "Excellent, Harry. Good work. Well then, I'll just be uh...there's no need for me to stay." He said and tried to run away but the two boys and I pushed him back.

"Yes, there is!" Harry panted and shoved Lockhart to the hole opening. He didn't fall, which was a pity, he caught himself on the sides of the sinks.

"You first," Harry said.

"Now, what good would it do?" Lockhart snapped.

"Better you than us," Ron said.

"Do what they say or I'll cast an unforgivable curse on you." I threatened.

Lockhart's eyes narrowed as he fixed his gaze on me, "You daft Slytherin, you would be sent to Azkaban."

"Sure, but I'm killing you first." I smiled at him cruelly. "Besides, no one will know if your body is in the Chamber."

"Boys, don't you see? She's the Heir of Slytherin, she's admitting it now. Attack her, not me!" Lockhart said hysterically, pointing at me.

Harry and Ron rolled their eyes and shoved him into the hole. He yelled and yelled until he reached the bottom. "Quite filthy down here."

"Sure you want to do this Y/N?" Harry asked me.

"Yep, I'll go down first. To scare that little git." I replied and jumped down.

-----------------------------------------

We walked through a series of tunnels until we found a pile of dry snakeskin.

"What's this?" Ron asked.

"It looks like a snake," Lockhart said.

"Really? Looks a dragon to me." I commented, rolling my eyes.

"It's snakeskin," Harry answered instead.

"Bloody hell! Whoever shed this must be 60 foot long. Or more." Ron said and Lockhart fainted beside him.

"Heart of a lion, this one," Ron said sarcastically.

Lockhart scrambled up and grabbed Ron's still broken wand.

"The adventure ends here. But don't fret, the world will know our story, how I was too late to save the girl, how you 3 tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. So, you first, Mr. Potter. Say goodbye to your memories." Lockhart said evilly and yelled, "Obliviate."

The spell rebounded and blasted Lockhart to a wall. The impact was so great the roof came tumbling down, separating Harry from us.

"Harry!" Ron and I yelled.

"Ron! Y/N! Are you okay?!" Harry yelled back to us.

"We're fine," Ron said.

Lockhart looked up at us.

"Hello, who are you?" Lockhart said.

"Um...Ron Weasley." Ron said.

"Y/N Crankshaw," I said.

"And uh...who am I?" Lockhart asked.

"Lockhart's memory charm backfired! He hasn't got a clue who he is!" Ron yelled over to Harry.

Ron picked up a rock and knocked Lockhart out.

Harry went off to save Ginny, leaving Ron and me to shift the rocks away.

-----------------------------------------

Harry came back after a few hours, with Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix. Fawkes brought everyone out of the Chamber.