Polyjuice Potion

The Great Hall was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Large trees were standing beside the blazing fireplaces and snowflakes were coming down from the ceiling.

I was staying at Hogwarts for my second year Christmas, only because Crabbe, Goyle and Draco were staying too.

"Merry Christmas." I greeted the trio as I went over to the Gryffindor table to sit.

We could sit with people from other houses if it was a non-formal meal. The three Slytherin boys didn't seem to mind, they were too indulged in their conversation.

"Merry Christmas!" The trio chorused back.

I sat down and Hermione began speaking.

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." Hermione told the boys.

"Crabbe and Goyle," Harry said.

"We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." Hermione continued.

"You guys are what?" I asked startled.

"We're brewing Polyjuice Potion, to interrogate Malfoy to see if he's the Heir of Slytherin," Hermione answered simply.

I laughed.

It won't be pleasant for them, that's for sure.

"How?" Ron asked.

"I've got it worked out," Hermione assured him and brought out two delicious-looking cupcakes.

"I've filled these with a simple sleeping draught, simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep, hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out some of their hairs. And put on their uniforms." She said.

"Whose hair are you ripping out then?" Ron asked Hermione.

"I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode. Slytherin. I got this off her robes." Hermione showed us a vial containing strands of hair.

" 'Mione, you don't have to use hers. Here, take some of my hair." I offered and was about to pull some strands out when Hermione stopped me.

"It's okay, Y/N. Malfoy knows you too well so he'll suspect something. Besides, we need you to help us if the situation gets awkward." Hermione said.

I shrugged and agreed to help.

"I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these. Come on, Y/N." Hermione said and left with me.

-----------------------------------------

I stood leaning against the wall watching Hermione ladle the nasty looking potion into three cups. We were in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

"You have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves," Hermione said and handed the cups to Harry and Ron. "Add the hairs." She added.

"Ugh! The essence of Crabbe." Ron said disgustedly.

"Cheers," Hermione said and all three of them began drinking the potion. I had a grin on my face as I watched Hermione and Ron drop their cups on the floor to be sick in the stalls.

I burst into fits of laughter when I saw Harry become Goyle and Ron coming out of the stall looking like Crabbe.

"I'll wait for you all outside," I said to avoid disturbing Moaning Myrtle with my laughs.

Soon, Harry and Ron came out without Hermione. "Where's-" I began but was cut off by Harry.

"She can't come. Just go before time runs out." Harry said.