Rogue Bludger

It was the first Quidditch match of the season, Slytherin against Gryffindor. It was a tight match, us Slytherins had swifter brooms but the Gryffindors had very skilled players, particularly Angelina and Oliver.

I was sitting on a bench, watching the match instead of playing in it, the downside of being a substitute was that you rarely got to play.

The score now was 30-90 with Slytherin leading with the 90 points, thanks to our speedy new brooms (and a bit of foul play).

A Bludger began acting weirdly, and by weirdly I mean targeting Harry. It knocked Oliver off his broom and broke it and began flying after Harry. It crashed holes in the spectator stands, Harry had to do difficult tricks to avoid it.

Draco and Harry spotted the Golden Snitch and started chasing after it, disappearing under the pitch in the process.

Draco emerged shortly, flying off his broom and falling on the ground hard. I clasped my hands to my mouth in horror as he rolled around with a pained expression on his face.

"Y/N! You're up!" Marcus shouted to me, making me scramble onto my broom to chase after the Snitch with Harry.

"Harry, watch out." I hollered, it was too late, the Rogue Bludger crashed right into Harry's outstretched arm. A distinct "Crunch!" was heard.

The Bludger hit me too, not hard enough to hurt me, but hard enough to send me spinning in the air. Thank god I kept a firm grip onto my broom.

I stopped spinning, looking very dazed. Harry was laying on the sandy part of the Quidditch Pitch, holding a golden ball.

"Harry Potter has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Lee announced.

Harry's excitement was short-lived as the Bludger came and tried to hurt him further, bouncing on the sand hard.

"Finite Incantatem!" Hermione yelled and the Bludger burst into bits.

Lockhart and several other students ran up to Harry.

"Not to worry, Harry. I will fix that arm of yours straight away." Lockhart said while examining Harry's arm.

"No, not you," Harry said, trying to scoot away from Lockhart.

"Oh, poor boy, doesn't know what he's saying. Now, this...won't hurt a bit. Brackium Emendo!" Lockhart said and flicked his wand.

A blue light shot out and Harry's arm began flopping around like jelly.

"Ugh! Ew!" The crowd of students around us were saying.

"Ah, yes, well, ha, that can sometimes happen, um, but-, uh, the point is, uh..." Lockhart trailed off, bending Harry's arm to an abnormal position.

"....You can no longer feel any pain, and, heh-, very clearly, the bones are not broken." He smiled reassuringly, bending Harry's arm more.

"Can you not?" I snapped.

"Much more flexible though..." Lockhart said.

The Gryffindor team scoffed at Lockhart and carried Harry to the hospital wing, all of us were giving Lockhart dirty looks as we left the Quidditch Pitch.

-----------------------------------------

Draco was groaning dramatically on the bed in the hospital wing, turns out he wasn't really injured, just a few scratches and bruises here and there.

Unlike Draco, who only had Crabbe and Goyle and 2 other teammates with him, Harry had his teammates and friends gathered around him. I was among those gathered around Harry.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss, you can go." Madam Pomfrey said as she rushed in, holding a tall glass bottle.

"Out of my way, out of my way." She pushed the Gryffindors away and placed the bottle on the small table beside Harry.

"Should've been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat- but growing them back..." She said disapprovingly.

"You will be able to, won't you?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, I'll be able to, certainly, but it'll be painful." She poured the contents of the bottle into a cup.

"You can thank Lockhart for that," I said, Harry grimaced at me.

"You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is a nasty business." Madam Pomfrey said and handed Harry the cup.

Harry drank the potion and spat it out immediately, the drink flew everywhere.

"What do you expect? Pumpkin juice?!" Madam Pomfrey said and refilled the cup, making Harry drink the potion a second time.

I handed Harry some chocolate to get rid of the taste of the potion. Madam Pomfrey ushered us out of the hospital wing, saying that Harry needed rest.

The Gryffindor team was surprised I checked up on Harry instead of Draco. Oliver patted me on the back as he went back to his dorm and the Weasley twins patted my head.

-----------------------------------------

I returned to the common room and the first thing I saw was Pansy fawning over Draco, Draco was revelling in the attention he was given of course.

"Why did you check on Potter instead of me?" Draco asked and crossed his arms. Pansy crossed her arms too and glared at me.

"Because you weren't and aren't very injured, Harry lost his arm bones," I answered and shot daggers at Pansy.

"Well, you should've checked on Draco instead. Who cares if Potter got hurt?" Pansy said annoyingly.

"I care, so do a lot of people," I answered and walked to the couch Pansy and Draco were sitting on.

"Come on, Draco. Don't talk to the traitor." Pansy whined and clung to Draco's arm. Draco smiled awkwardly at Pansy and edged away, scooting over to me instead.

"Could you leave us, Pansy? Thanks." Draco said in a way that didn't sound like a request.

Pansy got up indignantly and left in a huff.

"She showers me a lot of attention...something you don't do," Draco grumbled.

"I prefer to not make your head bigger..." I began but stopped seeing his expression. "...Sorry, for not checking on you...I should've checked up on you even if I was checking up on Harry."

Draco looked around and shrugged, "Not really a big deal, I was exaggerating obviously, gets me some attention, you see."

I scoffed and got up to go finish up my homework, saying "I should've been the one to get hurt. Not you." under my breath.