Classes

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess..."

Our Divination teacher, Professor Sybill Trelawney, said and rose from her seat, bumping into the table in front of her. She smiled nervously around at us.

"...the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term we shall be focusing on Tessomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. Will you please take the cup of the person sitting next to you?"

I took Draco's cup and he took mine.

"You see, the truth lies buried like a sentence within a book waiting to be read but first you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond!"

"What a load of rubbish." I heard Hermione say.

She wasn't there before.

"There's a big sun in your cup, Y/N," Draco said looking at his textbook. "And a falcon, and a skull."

"So I'm going to be really happy about having danger in my path and meeting a deadly enemy?" I laughed sarcastically.

"Mhm...It's a load of rubbish, really." Draco assured me and looked at his cup, "What does mine say?"

"Hmm, there's a cross, skull and a sun," I said looking at the tea-leaves in the cup.

"Pfft, I'm going to be happy about danger in my path and getting attacked? Sure. Professor Trelawney is a twit." Draco said rolling his eyes.

"She's nice though," I said indignantly.

-----------------------------------------

"That's it, come on now, come closer, less talking if yer don't mind. I got a real treat for ye today. A great lesson, follow me." Hagrid said and we followed him to a clearing in the Forbidden Forest.

"Righ' you lot, less chattering. Form a group over there, and open your books to page 49." He said and turned away to fetch something.

"And exactly how do we do that?!" Draco asked arrogantly.

"Yeah, none of us can open it without getting our hand bitten off," I said while examining the book.

"Just stroke the spine o' course. Goodness me." Hagrid said and left.

We all did as he said. The book shivered and calmed itself down, enabling us to open it. I set my things down and pulled off my robe as it was too hot.

"I think they're funny," Hermione said.

"Oh yeah, terribly funny, really witty," Draco said sarcastically, his face showed nothing short of arrogance. "God this place has gone to the dogs, wait till my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry snapped, walking over to us Slytherins.

Crabbe, Goyle and Draco made some owl noises and Draco handed Crabbe his bag. He then walked intimidatingly to Harry.

Draco started staggering back then pointed behind Harry. "Dementor! Dementor!" He yelled. It was a prank obviously, but everyone else fell for it. Draco and his gang laughed and made ghost sounds to spook Harry out.

"AHEM!" Hagrid cleared his throat, our attention returned to him. There was a Hippogriff beside him.

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak!" Hagrid said proudly and fed Buckbeak a dead otter.

"That is beautiful?! Geez, this oaf's lost his mind." Draco muttered, making me hit him on the head.

"What? I'm just saying, you're more beautiful than the bird." He said, putting his arm around me.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asked, looking very alarmed.

"That, Ron, is a Hippogriff. The first thing you wanna know bout' Hippogriffs, is that they're very proud creatures, very easily offended. You do not want to insult a Hippogriff, it may just be the last thing you ever do." Hagrid warned and clapped his hands. "Now, who'd like to come and say hello?"

Everyone stepped back immediately, leaving Harry to be the only one at the front.

"Well done, Harry, well done. C'mon now." Hagrid beckoned to him.

Draco and his goons were smiling broadly at the sight of Harry being possibly injured or killed. Once Buckbeak bowed to Harry, their smiles dropped instantly. They pushed everyone out of the way to get a better look.

Draco was eating a green apple.

Harry edged closer to Buckbeak and touched him. Hagrid then lifted Harry onto the Hippogriff's back and the bird soared off.

"Y/N, can we talk to you?" Hermione asked me.

"Of course, sure," I said, ignoring the glares of Draco and his goons.

I walked away with Ron and Hermione. They were looking a bit distressed.

"You're dating Malfoy?!" Ron whisper-yelled.

"Yeah, you know I like him," I said.

"He's the enemy, Harry won't be happy about this," Hermione said uneasily.

"I can date who I want, you know." I said bluntly, "Harry has no say in this."

"You know he likes you too, right?" Hermione asked me.

"Yes I do, but I only see him as a close friend, a brother," I answered.

-----------------------------------------

Harry came back down on Buckbeak with a smooth landing, everyone clapped enthusiastically for him. Draco looked jealous when I clapped for Harry, he looked like he wanted to impress me too.

Draco shoved people aside and stomped up to the Hippogriff. "Yeah, you're not dangerous at all are you?! You great ugly brute!"

"DRACO! DON'T!" I screamed but it was too late. The Hippogriff stood on its hind legs and scratched him in anger.

Everyone else ran off in all directions, screaming their heads off all the way. I ran up to Draco and saw blood seeping out of a deep gash on his arm.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco rolled around dramatically.

"Hagrid! He has to be taken to the hospital!" Hermione shouted.

"I'm the teacher! I'll do it." Hagrid said and lifted up a whimpering Draco.

"You're gonna regret this! You and your bloody chicken!" Draco said viciously.

Hagrid carried him all the way to the hospital wing. Draco's arm was put into bandages and a sling, far too many to be honest. In fact, Draco seemed to be proud of having the sling as it garnered a lot of attention.