FIFTH.

Eunice's POV

The sound of the birds chirping and a rooster crowing woke me up from my comfortable slumber. With a smile on my face, I stretched out my arms and yawned. I opened and rubbed my eyes to make my vision clearer.

The blue sky greeted me firstly and then Donghyuck's grinning figure. "Morning good, Eunice!" I laughed and sat up on my bed. "Good morning to you, too, Hyuck."

"How was your sleep?" He asked and took his usual place on the windowsill. "I slept very well, thank you. How about you?" He grinned. "Of course I did because you had such a great time yesterday."

I raised a brow and smirked, folding my arms. "Really? You looked happy even before I came home," I hummed, rubbing my thumb and forefinger on my chin. "I'm not entirely sure, but were you attracted to my fairy godmother? She is pretty after all,"

When I finished saying that, his cheeks and ears turned red. I snapped my fingers and chuckled. "I knew it." He pouted and looked away. "N-No, I'm not! She's just pretty is all. Stop assuming things, Eunice. And you fell in love with the prince in just one night."

I was going to tease him again when I saw something fly towards my window. I squinted my eyes to see clearly and turns out it was a duck. When it got closer to the window, it turned into a human and she almost fell down to the ground but fortunately, Donghyuck got a hold of her.

"Oh my God, thank you." She said while the boy pulled her inside. "Be careful next time, Yena." He reminded her and she just nodded. The blonde-haired girl looked at me and opened her arms. "Eunice!" She immediately hugged me tight. "I'm sorry for not visiting any sooner."

I patted her back and pulled away. "It's alright, Yena. You are here now. Where have you been?" I asked and led her near the window so all of us could have a breath of fresh air. "Oh, just going around. I was just mostly in the pond with the swans."

"I mean it wouldn't be a problem if you hadn't visited. We are totally fine without y—" Yena pinched Donghyuck's side and he winced. "Hey! You just got here." He glared at her with a pout.

She shut his lips and threatened to push him outside. "So, what?" Yena held his hand and pushed his upper body out of the window. Donghyuck started screaming for her to stop. "By the time you're out of sight from Eunice, you would turn into a pudu.. and you will break your bones from the fall."

"Ah, Yena, pull me up, please. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Don't kill me!" I just chuckled at the both of them. They have always been a cat and dog duo with a love-hate relationship. Yena decided to spare him and let him have another look at the sun.

He pinched me this time and I was the one to send a glare. "And you, why didn't you help me? Huh?" I smacked his hands away. "You were too fun to watch suffering alone." I replied then Yena started tapping my arm excitedly.

"Oh, oh! I went to the grand ball yesterday. I was just in the palace's garden and boy, the prince was a sight to see," That made Donghyuck roll his eyes. Just from the small information she said, it already made me smile, the memory from last night rushing in my mind.

She gasped dramatically. "Oh, and the unnamed girl! She was absolutely beautiful in her dress. I wish you could have seen her," Her statement made me giggle while Donghyuck gave her a strange look. Yena looked back at him. "What?"

He scoffed. "Are you stupid?" She put her hands on her hips and turned to the boy like she is his mother who's scolding her son. "Well, please clarify what I missed because it seems like I have no idea on what you are talking about."

Donghyuck pointed at me. "Eunice is the girl the prince was dancing with at the ball." Yena froze on her place and stiffly turned her head to me. "Wait, really?" She asked. The both of us nodded in unison.