FORTY FIRST.

Third Person's POV

Before she could stab her heel on Jaemin's thigh for the umpteenth time, he quickly stood up and tackled the girl on the floor. She was distracted for a second and so Donghyuck and Yena was able to move again. They quickly went towards the two and tried pulling Jaemin back but Kailynne pushed him away using the magic of the wand.

"Yes, you heard me right, Na Jaemin," She said and made a rhythmic noise on the floor using the glass slippers. "She was just a useless piece on the chessboard. It's between you and me. It always has been," She looked at the two and rolled her eyes. "Can you two keep still? I'm already done with you and you're not cursed anymore."

Hyuck glared at her. "Yes, I'm not, but the reason you killed Eunice is so damn unreasonable, do you even know that, you witch?!" Kailynne only made them freeze again and looked back at Jaemin who was on the ground, trying to catch his breath.

"Giving up so easily, boy?" She cackled and grabbed his hair again. "I'm not done with you yet. I would like to tell you a few things before you die." She then snapped her fingers and before he knew it, he found himself inside a deep forest.

Jaemin roamed his eyes around the place. The tall trees towered over him while the silent gentle breeze blowed through the treetops, causing for the leaves to make rustling sounds. The wind was cold and the entire surroundings was so dark as if he was closing his eyes.

It was mysteriously quiet and nothing was making noises but the travelling air and the rustles from the trees. It took him a lot of time to realize that this was the forest he used to go to when he was a kid. He and his father would haunt for animals together here and he would even just stay here to think.

Groaning, he stood up from the ground, his left thigh bleeding from getting stabbed by Kailynne's glass slipper. His legs were trembling but not because he was scared. He felt cold, determined, and even emotional, knowing that the love of his life died for nothing.

But now isn't the time to get saddened again. He still has to deal with someone from his past. Wiping his face with his hands, he let out a heavy sigh and studied more about the forest. He knows this place like the back of his hand.

He doesn't know what she was trying to do now. She had the chance to kill him earlier but she didn't do it. Is she stupid or what? Probably.

Perhaps she wasn't at her right mind even before he 'hurt' her. Thinking that they could be more than friends? What was going on inside her head? Yes, Kailynne was pretty but he didn't feel anything for her. He remained friends with her and the reason he was there for her is because she might have felt alone being the only child and she has a bad reputation because of her red shoes.

Jaemin only wanted her to feel that she is still important even though the whole world is against her. Her adoptive father even willingly continued to raise her even after her mother died. He used to tell her that the right person would love her but was she thinking that it was him?

If he was being honest, it wasn't even his fault she decided to be like this. It's not his fault that she thought of it that way. How delusional could she get? Why did she go overboard and let her feelings take control over her?

Wait, he has a mistake, too. He didn't say goodbye to her when he left. How he wished he should have when he claimed his father's sword but it was that period of his life where he was so busy being prince. He still tended to people but the one with Kailynne after a year was the wrong moment.

He wasn't in his best mood at that time. He wasn't feeling himself so he kept his bubbling anger inside him. He didn't really mean to ignore her but his heart was so heavy that he didn't have the courage to talk to anyone or he will say bad things to them.