THIRTY THIRD.

Third Person's POV

The rain was slowly coming into an end so the two returned to the cottage to dry themselves a bit. Eunice's bare feet moved through the green grass and made sure she was five meters away from Jaemin. She looked down on her feet with furrowed brows, angry at herself for an unknown reason.

Was she mad at herself because she fell into his spell and kissed him? Or was it because it didn't seem like a part of her mission? But it can be, can't it? Her thoughts are everywhere again. She's a mess inside and she hugged herself, feeling cold when the breeze blowed towards her.

Her heart was beating so fast like thousands of galloping horses are chasing it. It pounded inside her chest and the sound was defeaning to her. How can she calm it down? She probably can't.. not right now, especially this instant. She put her hands over her mouth and sighed, closing her eyes.

What is this crazy feeling? It was honestly driving her insane. Her breathing was so abnormal and the rising of her chest was stranger than it is when she's scared. Her hands were shivering not from the cold but from this powerful emotion over her.

Can she even stop herself from feeling this way? She murmured the words 'calm down' to herself and tried breathing in and out but it was no use. Eunice nibbled on her lower lip while taking small steps to the cottage. She feels like her legs suddenly turned into jelly.

"Hey, Eunice," With wide eyes, she raised her head and looked at Jaemin standing in front of the table, holding their picnic basket. "You could hurry up, you know." He said with a chuckle. She quickly followed him and wore her slippers before taking his attire.

She glanced away and muttered, "I-I will hold this for you." Jaemin smiled and nodded. He then realized she was still flustered from their kiss earlier so he just let her be. "Okay, then. Let's go, they must be worried about us." He said and they headed back to the palace, soaked in rain water.

Eunice was still blushing so hard. She want to have a breakdown and blabber about what she felt about the kiss. She feels so much emotions and she doesn't know how to sort them out without getting confused. She just wants to throw things and shout out random words.

Giving a short glance at the boy walking in front of her, his wet polo shirt made his back clearer and for her, it was manly as hell. She bit her lower lip and swallowed the screams and squeals that are trying to escape her mouth.

Just yesterday and the day before that, she hated the guts of this boy and all of a sudden, she fell right back into him, as if it was the night of the grand ball all over again. She returned to square one because of a kiss.

Or was it really just because of a kiss? Last time she remembered, she has been swooning over how good he is at playing the piano, how well-drawn and detailed his paintings are, including its deep, touching meanings and how he has helped kingdoms, people and families ever since he was a little kid. He's a total package.

To add it all up, he's handsome, he's adorable, literally everything he does is so damn attractive. And God, his smiles. They're too irresistible.. He is too irresistible. No wonder some of the girls who fit the slippers pretended to be her. This sensation in her heart was absolutely killing her.

They finally arrived at the palace and Doyoung met them near the side entrance. Servants immediately gave them towels and Eunice dried some parts of her body before draping it over her shoulders. She glanced at Jaemin next to her and she instantly turned away because he was taking off his polo shirt.

She bit her lip so hard and closed her eyes. God, bless my eyes, she thought and covered her face with her towel. The beating of her heart didn't slow down and surprisingly, it became faster than it was before. It feels like it was going to ruin her rib cage. Can she search up in the library on how to tame your heart?