THIRTY FIRST.

Third Person's POV

Eunice should have thought of it the other way, but she kept on thinking about what Jaemin really meant with his words. Maybe he said that because if it can touch other people's hearts, it can touch hers, too. And the portrait already did its part to her.

But why does she feel like there's still something in the way he said that? It's not evil or anything, just.. pleading? Eunice can't put her own words into it and it was definitely hard to explain what he meant. Anyway, she just nodded at him and replied, "It did."

She asked herself again; but did it really touch her heart? Did she really feel the message the painting was trying to convey? Why does she feel like there is more into it? Maybe there is and she was only clueless. Whatever the reason was on why she made herself think like that, she's going to find out.

I'm probably overthinking. She thought and nodded. It was convincing her subconscious. Yes, that's what. I should stop thinking too much about everything. Jaemin is naive so it's impossible he would suddenly find out about my plan.

Her mind recalled Yena and Donghyuck's unexpected visit earlier. Her heart suddenly raced. Did they finally found out about the corpses? What did they do with it? She hoped they didn't say anything to Jaemin. If ever they know about her real aim, they must have not said a thing to him, or else they would pay for it.

Crossing her fingers together, she also prayed that they didn't tell him about the step family that she murdered. She can't cover up that lie. All she said was she lived with her aunt and cousin who lives in a neighboring kingdom although she has none.

From what Jaemin was acting like earlier, he didn't seem to be off or strange, rather than him saying that sentence to her. But it really didn't bother her much. Maybe he was just really hoping that the message of the painting can be applied to her as well.

Now.. why does she feel like it actually applies to her?

"Hey, you okay?" Jaemin asked when she shook her head and massaged her temples. Eunice looked at him and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Too much thoughts are filling my mind and it hurts both sides of my brain." She sighed and folded her arms.

He put his hands on her shoulders and said, "Let it go. Let the room's mood calm you down," She scanned her eyes around the place and the peach colors of it put her mind at ease. Despite all the paint, the scent of the place was pleasant.

Jaemin smiled and suddenly led her to the area where he paints his pictures. "You know, while you compose yourself and think of much more happy thoughts, can I do a portrait of you?" Eunice halted into a stop and blinked frivolously. "M-My what?"

"Your portrait. It would serve as a remembrance not only for me but for you as well. We age every year so when you're old enough, you can look back at the face which I fell in love with and would love forever." He smoothly muttered and placed a one-man seat before his stand.

She didn't know why but his words suddenly have an effect on her and she immediately slapped her cheek to snap out of it. Making her way to the chair, she settled on it and sat on a proper posture. Jaemin chuckled at her and went over to change her position.

He gently put her left arm on the back rest of the chair and made her fingertips touch with each other. "Can you cross your left leg over the other? Thanks." She did as she was told to do and the prince smiled in satisfaction. "Great. You can stay like that for a few minutes, right?"

Eunice giggled and nodded. "Of course. Take your time." Jaemin only replied with a smile and went to his place in front of her, sitting on his stool. He prepared his materials from his paint, brushes and board. After he was all set, he suddenly bit the body of the brush he was holding and removed his prince attire, leaving him in his baby blue polo shirt.