THIRTEENTH.

Third Person's POV

Jaemin immediately called Doyoung to bring the servant who is responsible for making the maidens wear the slippers. He told his guards to prepare his carriage while he changed into a much more suitable and pleasant attire.

He was nervous to choose who really is the mysterious girl. What if she wasn't there or if she doesn't show up? What would he do to the others who fits the slippers like she did? He doesn't want another one of them to end up in a coffin.

After everything was all set, they boarded the royal vehicle and it drove to town. The prince can't help but feel a little anxious. Should he just give up on finding that girl? All she has left for him to search for her is her unique choice of foot wear. But no, he can't stop now. He fell in too deep. He's drowned in his desperation to find that girl.

Doyoung noticed the uneasiness his master is feeling. He knows that he gets this worried in just choosing simple changes in the kingdom but never to a girl. Does he think it's ridiculous? Well, yes because it's just a girl and also no, since two maidens have already died. Can't Jaemin just give up on finding that girl?

The carriage suddenly slowed into a halt, indicating that they arrived in the town's square. The prince didn't notice that they already stopped so his butler lightly tapped his shoulder to snap him out of his thoughts, saying, "We are here, Your Highness."

He and the servant went off first before making way for Jaemin. The townspeople were shocked and excited to see the prince but as they should, they got on their knees and waited for him to give them a signal that they may stand up to their full height.

"Good morning, citizens," He greeted with a loud voice. Why is his heart pounding so loudly? Right, he's scared to pick the girl that wasn't really the one at the ball. Maybe he should just let this go and find another one.. but he can't. Oh, nutcrackers, he thought to himself. I will find her no matter what.

"I will get straight to the point. Jewel nor Rachel aren't the girls I have been searching for and now, if ever one of a few maidens fits the slippers, they will be escorted to the palace to be able to be, uh.. observed thoroughly if they really are the mysterious girl. Please, ladies, form a line."

A straight row of women was briskly formed in front of him without even a minute passing by. Are they that desperate to be someone they are not or they just want to test their luck? Whatever the reason was, he decided to shrug it off and called for the girl who's first in line.

She and the next two didn't fit; one was too small then too big. When the fourth came forward, it fit well. The townspeople waited for their prince's reaction, and so did the awaiting girl. Clearing his throat, Jaemin looked at them and said, "She will be observed, as I have said. The wedding won't be rushed anytime sooner."

The girl was asked to stand next to Doyoung and he told her to say her name to him. She is Jean, the daughter of a seamstress in town. While the ladies continued to try on the shoes, Jaemin was waiting if it would fit another one rather than just Jean's.

He looked up from the slippers when someone successfully wore it again. She has a short coffee brown hair and when she walked towards his butler, he heard her say her name; Venea. The two girls were beautiful, yes, but Jaemin can't figure out what is off with them. Maybe they're not her, after all.. but it won't hurt to try, won't it?

It has been an hour ever since they started fitting the shoes and so far, it's still Jean and Venea. After waiting for so long, the line is finally coming into an end. The last girl went in front of the servant and Jaemin's eyes widened when it also fit perfectly.