SEVENTH.

Eunice's POV

This ridiculous Jewel girl was led inside the awaiting carriage and the Duke followed her inside. The footman closed the door shut and when the guards finally let me go, I ran after the vehicle.

"No! She's not the mysterious girl!" I shouted, refusing to accept the fact that witch was able to wear the shoes. The carriage was pulled too fast by the horses that I wasn't able to catch up and soon, I slowed down until I stopped.

My knees gave up and I fell on the ground, feeling discouraged and down. I grabbed my hair and tightly closed my eyes. "No, no. She's not me. She probably didn't even attend the ball yesterday.. No, no.." I started to have a breakdown.

I then felt a fur on my elbows and I looked up to see it was Donghyuck. Him and Yena were just looking at me blankly but deep inside, I knew they were sharing the same feeling as I am right now.

I slowly stood up from the ground and with trembling legs, walked back to the house. While passing by the people who saw the commotion I made earlier, they gave me strange looks and even funny ones that seemed to mock my behavior.

I ignored them and when we got home, Yena and Hyuck turned into humans. The boy was going to say something but the basket I was carrying earlier was stuck around his neck. I continued my way to the kitchen while Yena helped him pull it off.

Lazily sitting on the stool, I placed my right cheek on my palm and soullessly stared at the atmosphere. I feel so offended and broken that I started to have bad thoughts about my and Jewel's future.

Yena went inside, followed by Hyuck and placed the basket of our groceries on the counter. They sat across me and gave each other glances before looking at me. Donghyuck held out his hand and tapped mine. "Hey, Eunice.."

"It's alright—" I scoffed and pulled my hand away from Hyuck. "Alright? You expect me to be alright after what just happened at the town square?? No!" I refuse to believe that what happened earlier is reality. It can't be.

The two didn't say anything anymore. They better not. I might say something I mustn't. I am already thinking about a thing that I shouldn't and it would be worse if I bursted out in front of them.

"This day couldn't get any worse." I mumbled and grabbed a croissant from the basket. I harshly bit on it and I can feel my forehead hurt because of my furrowed brows. My grip on the pastry is tight and even without checking it, I know my blood pressure is currently high.

The whole kitchen was silent for a few minutes before Yena decided to speak but only to be cut off by me. "Eunice—" I stood up from my seat and shoved half of the croissant down my throat, quickly chewing and swallowing it. I raised a hand to them, signing that they should just keep quiet. "Stop. I want to be alone right now." I said and went to my room.

I slumped down on the windowsill and pulled my knees to my chest. My heart feels so heavy and a gush of salty sorrow instantly filled it. I can't blame Jaemin for believing what the Duke brought home with him. Oh, I wish I said my name. I made too many mistakes in less than twenty-four hours.

I should have known this would happen if Jaemin didn't know my name. But.. he would remember what I look like, right? I mean, my hair has the brightest shade of brown and is even saturated. If he truly loves and wants to find me, then he would feel that same spark as well.

My eyes fixated on the glinting palace. What could be happening now? Was Jaemin fooled by that reckless decision of the Grand Duke? I could only wish. Rather than doing chores, it's the only thing I am best at.

•••

Third Person's POV

The Duke, the servant and Jewel had a peaceful ride back to the palace. The Duke didn't ask any questions to her so she could only stay silent and appreciate the interior of the vehicle meant for royalty.