THIRTY NINTH.

Third Person's POV

As lamentable as his morning, Jaemin immediately, cancelled the wedding; everything that was supposed to be held today. When the servants heard about the unfortunate incident that broke their prince's heart, everyone in the palace was striked with grief.

The farmers that works for the palace took off their hats, the seamstresses who worked on her gown sobbed and blowed their noses on their handkerchiefs, the entire kitchen staff prayed for their deceased future queen and the King and Queen cried bitter tears alongside their son.

Jaemin told Doyoung to send letters to their guests that the wedding isn't going to be continued and the scrolls were immediately made in just under one hour. The letters were then sent fastly to the people who were invited and they replied with another message, giving their condolences to them.

He sent all apology letters to every guest but Donghyuck and Yena. Instead, he ordered Doyoung to send them a personal message himself and his butler did as he was told. The chariot he rode stopped in front of the couple's small cozy home and knocked on the door.

After telling them about what had happened, they immediately dressed up and rode with the man back to the palace. All the way there, the only thing that was in Yena's mind was how their friend looks like now. Donghyuck's hands trembled and his eyes started to water, also refusing to believe that Eunice has passed away.

When they arrived, they were led to the ballroom, where their friend's body was, kept inside a glass coffin. Right after the doors of the huge room opened, Yena looked away and cried. The male quickly rushed to the glass and with shaking eyes, looked at the body of their friend.

Donghyuck broke down and went on his knees, crying for Eunice. He held back no more of his tears and slammed his fists on the floor, sobbing hysterically at the sight in front of him. With a blurry vision, Yena walked towards him and pulled him into a tight hug.

She knows how heartbroken he is. He has been living with her for two years and she felt like an older sister to him. Eunice took care of him when he wasn't at his best and she made him see how important he is to the world. She was there in his darkest and brightest days, being a good listener that she is.

Yena felt the same as Donghyuck does. When no one can see her true self but Eunice, she brought her in like how she did to him. She treated her like family and comforted her when she was distressed. She gave her multiple and countless advices and showed her the positive and good side of the cruel world.

Eunice became family to them, their mother when they are hurt and their sister when they do something stupid. She never held a grudge against them and loved them like they are her second family. They weren't siblings by blood but they were by heart. She remained Yena and Hyuck friends even though they were enemies.

Even though they are together — now that she's gone — they felt incomplete. They feel like they are nothing without her. She was their beacon when they were on their dark path, lost and aimless. She told them to believe and find in their heart to forgive. She told them that no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, their wish will come true.

Hyuck buried his face on his lover's shoulder, his tears soaking her dress, but they didn't care. His cries were accompanied by hiccups and the words 'I miss her'. Yena can't bare to see Eunice's dead body while listening to his sobs. What would they be without her?

"You know, if you two return back to being humans again and would start living your own lives separately, know that I will always be here for you. Remember that I'm here for the both of you; you can cry on my shoulder, tell me your troubles and whisper your secrets. I will be your hope when you don't have it."