XII. Approval

• • • •

• • • •

"Come on, Damon," Faith whined from the couch in the Salvatore living room. "Tyler has to be in the float about the Willow Creek war, so I don't have an escort. You'll just fill in, please."

"No."

"You get to stand near Elena," the siphoner bargained. "I mean you are in love with her and everything."

The vampire pretended to think. "Still no."

Faith groaned. "Okay, fine. What do you want?"

"Is your mother hurting you?" Damon asked.

Faith narrowed her eyes but sighed. "I thought we already established this." Damon only glared at her. "Okay. Yes, she's the one who's hurting me."

"How long?"

"Since I was six."

"I'll kill her," Damon stood up.

"No!" Faith stopped him and looked up at him. "You'll be dead the minute she sees you. She knows everything. She's on the council, she won't hesitate to expose you to them. My mother is a very powerful witch."

Damon studied her. "Fine. I'll be your escort."

Faith grinned. "See you later! And wear a suit!"

• • • •

"Wow," Faith's eyes were widened by the resemblance between Elena and Katherine. "You look just like her."

"I know," the brunette mumbled as they continued walking, looking for the Salvatore brothers.

Elena had her hair curled and was wearing a pale green Victorian dress. Faith also curled her hair even though it naturally was, but without the frizziness. She struggled to walk around with her sky blue Victorian dress. She didn't know how girls were able to walk around with such big dresses.

"I hate this," Faith grumbled. Her arms were crossed as Damon stood behind her. "Did girls actually wear these dresses all day?"

"It was harder to take them off," Damon smirked causing Faith's frown to deepen. She looked around until she saw the Gilbert siblings arguing. She couldn't do much about Elena, but she's planning to keep her promise to Vicki. Though she was doing a bad job since Matt got his arm broken, Jeremy was kidnapped, and her mother was still abusing her.

• • • •

After being on the Founder's court float and night had fallen, Faith had changed into plain dark navy blue denim jeans and only a large sweater. She was walking around the town square when Damon grabbed hold of her and started dragging her toward Elena and Stefan.