XXIX. Her Smile

• • • •

• • • •

Faith took a sip of her bourbon as a compelled woman painted her nails a sky blue. Rebekah was seated next to her, another woman painting her nails as her brothers, except Klaus, were getting measurements and dressed in tailored suits. So far, Faith hadn't met the Original witch and she wasn't exactly enthusiastic about meeting her. Elijah had told her about their mother and didn't trust her to which the siphoner agreed. If your own son ripped your heart out, would you want a little bit of revenge?

"Rebekah," Kol called out to his sister as he stood in front of a body size mirror. "Tell me how handsome I am."

"Well, Kol, you know I can't be compelled," Rebekah answered, slyly.

Finn and Faith shared amused grins at the blonde's remark. The doors slam opened and Klaus entered the room, angrily. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" He walked up to Rebekah.

"Here we go," Rebekah smiled as she studied her newly polished nails, not giving her brother much attention.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats?" Kol interrupted. "Don't you have any other tricks?"

Klaus turned to his brother with annoyance. "Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you? My father?" Kol countered back.

"No, Kol," Klaus said with annoyance and walked up to him, "but you're in my house."

Kol stood up, meeting up to his height. "Then perhaps we should go outside."

"Well, that escalated quickly," Faith mumbled to herself, enjoying the scene.

Heels against wood grew loud as they neared the room. Faith stiffened at the sight of the older woman in a white dress. Esther glanced at the siphoner, immediately recognizing the dark raven and frizzy curly hair of an Everly witch. "Enough!" She ordered as she turned her attention to her sons. Her eyes met with Klaus. "Niklaus, come."

Faith glanced at Elijah. "Is it bad that she kind of scares me? I mean, not more than my mother, but still. The fear is definitely there."

Elijah only chuckled.

• • • •

"I got your dress," Faith said as she walked beside Elijah with a glass of champagne.

She wore a royal blue dress. The dress was made of silk material. The top part of the dress was thin straps into a scoop line and it was close-fitted but comfortable. The lower part was full-length, flowing down to her black low-heels. The part she loved most about the dress was the slit going down to her right leg.

"I can see that," Elijah smiled as he took a sip of his champagne. "That necklace doesn't go well with it."

"I'll have you know, Elijah," Faith placed her hand over the red jewel on the necklace. "This necklace was a gift from my father and it's where I keep my magic in case of an emergency."