XLI. Billiards

• • • •

• • • •

"I still think finding that stupid cure is a bad idea, Klaus," Faith mumbled as she laid across the couch in front of the fireplace. She turned the page of one of the Everly family books. Most of the Everly witches wrote down everything that happened in their lives, even their spells.

"He's just a fairytale," Klaus insisted.

Faith sat up from the couch and Klaus turned his attention to the doorway of the living room where Elena stood. "I need your help," she exhaled.

"A bit ironic, you coming to me for help," Klaus smirked as he sat next to Faith with Elena sitting across from the couple. "Weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb and keep Faith in a coma?"

"This is your fault," Elena scowled. "You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires."

"And now my little brat of a brother has gone and made things worse. Well, he never did like Damon. I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?"

"Call him off, Klaus," Elena demanded.

Faith scoffed. "You're in no place to make demands, Elena. Sure, you do good being human. Klaus needs your blood and you'll be so easy to kill, but we could also destroy it. And you won't be able to use it against him."

"Whatever our differences, we want the same thing. Please, Klaus, I'm begging you."

"Well, that's a change," Faith smirked as she glanced at Klaus.

He smiled then rolled his eyes before taking out his phone to call Kol. "Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess."

"Those vampires were for my hunter," Klaus told Kol. "Where's Damon Salvatore?"

He was silent for a few seconds before speaking. "Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box."

"On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me," Klaus' voice turned threatening. "Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?"

When Klaus smiled in satisfaction, Faith took his phone from him. She smiled at Klaus' frown before she stood to leave the hybrid and vampire to talk. "Hey, Kol," she greeted the Original over the phone. "Let's go play billiards for old time's sake when you come back."

"And make Nik jealous?" Kol smirked. "Sure, for old time's sake."

Faith handed the phone back to Klaus as she sat down on the couch after Elena left. "You would rather go on a date with my brother than me?" Klaus asked with a small smile.

Faith smiled back, looking at the hybrid. "Well, I would ask you out, but you've been busy with finding the cure and all."

She slid over his lap, straddling him on the couch. Her smile grew as Klaus placed his hands over her hips. "Plus there are other ways to spend time together," she said, coyly.