XXXVIII. Snowflake

• • • •

• • • •

Klaus pushed Faith against his bedroom door as he kissed her. His hands wandered to her thighs as Faith had her arms wrapped above his shoulders. He picked her up and she immediately wrapped her legs around him.

Soon, the siphoner was underneath the hybrid on his bed, both half naked. Faith had lost her shirt somewhere on the floor as well as Klaus. His hands were clutching her hips as Faith had her hands on either side of his face. Their lips moved in sync before Klaus pulled away. He trailed kisses down her neck and shoulder as she took in air.

"Please tell me," Faith gasped as he began to bite on the skin between her neck and shoulder. "You told your hybrids to leave the mansion."

"Of course, I did, love," Klaus smirked. "I don't want them hearing you."

Faith smirked at him before pulling him down to kiss him.

• • • •

Faith's gray cardigan was off one shoulder as she studied the painting that Klaus made. She turned her head to the side and smiled in greeting at the hybrid. "Nice snowflake," Faith teased as Klaus walked up to her.

"Is my work really that literal?" Klaus smiled back.

"Yes," Faith said. "But it looks lonely. It's surrounded by black."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment," Klaus wrapped his arm around the siphoner's waist, pulling her closer to him. She smiled, softly at the hybrid. "Would you like some champagne?"

She shook her head, "no, there's too many people watching. I rather not have every adult in this town walking up to me and giving me looks. It's a pain in the ass especially since I'm still in high school."

"Well, then it's a good thing the high school part is nearly over," Klaus said.

"True," Faith realized. "I was only coming back here because of school and for you, Mikaelsons."

"What are your plans after?" Klaus asked. "I can take you anywhere. Paris? Maybe Tokyo?"

Faith grinned. "How romantic...but I was planning on being there for Dani. I owe it to her."

"Where is your daughter?" Klaus asked as he realized she had never told him where Dani lived or who took care of her when Faith was here.

"Why is Caroline staring at us?" Faith asked, instead. Reason being, she didn't want to tell Klaus about New Orleans and because the blonde vampire had been looking at them for the past minutes they've been talking.

• • • •

Faith smiled as she made some of the fake snow float a little over the ground to stop a little boy from crying. He had accidentally bumped into her since the sky had darkened and started crying when he fell on his bum. He sniffled while he stared at the floating fake snow.

She placed her index finger to her lips to signal to keep quiet. "It's a secret, don't tell anybody," she whispered.

"Are you a witch?" He whispered, curiously with innocence.

"Something like that," she winked. "Do you know where your parents are at?"

He nodded in reply and Faith motioned him to return to them. She stood up from her crouching position. Her blue eyes looked through the crowd to find Klaus talking to Stefan. The fake snow crunched under her black boots as she began to walk toward them.

"I'm not interested in vaguary, Stefan. You've been dodgy and Caroline's been keeping an eye on Faith and I," Klaus said with anger in his voice. "Now, do you have something to share with me or should I compel it out of you?"

"I broke into your safe to look for the sword," Stefan admitted.

"Why?" Klaus inquired.

"Because I don't trust you."

Klaus paused as anger grew inside of him. "I showed you the sword. I explained its value. I've been on your side the entire time. What do you want from me? A secret brotherhood handshake?"

"I found the letters. You've had a few pen-pals over the centuries," Stefan revealed.

Klaus smiled, smugly at him. "Well, is keeping my victims' letters really so different from writing their names on a wall? Like you did, Ripper?"

"What's going on?" Faith asked, glancing between the two.

Noticing the closeness of the two and the hickey on the siphoner's collar bone peeking from Faith's navy blue shirt and gray cardigan, Stefan glanced at the couple. "I see the two of you got back together. Has he told you where Rebekah is, Faith?"

"I'll find out sooner or later," Faith shrugged. The couple then noticed one of Klaus' hybrids behind the vampire and Faith's phone started ringing. They glanced at each other before Klaus walked toward his hybrid and Faith walked away to answer the call.

"What is it, April?" Faith asked through her phone.

"I-I know where, where Rebekah is," April stuttered with her voice filled with panic and fear.

"Okay, April, you need to calm down," Faith said calmly. "Take a deep breath and tell me where Rebekah is."

April took a deep breath, her trembling lessened and she was able to hold her phone properly. "She's in the Lockwood Cellar and Caroline said something about Tyler and Hayley."

"Caroline?" Faith questioned. She glanced around to find the three people April mentioned, but they were nowhere to be found. "Let me guess you saw something you weren't supposed to see and she stared at you and said to not be scared to leave?"

"Yes, yes, how did you know?" April asked.

Faith exhaled as she thought of a plan. "Okay, April, you're going to go to the Lockwood cellar. I'll send you the address and make sure to not be seen. Your life depends on it, you understand?"

"Y-yes," April replied.

"She'll probably be in a coffin," Faith explained. "She'll have a dagger in her body. You'll take it out and it might take a while for her to wake up. Once she's awake and makes sure no one is around, you'll call me again."

"Okay," April said. "I'll call you back when I get there and when she wakes up."

"Okay."

She hung up and Faith put her phone back inside her cardigan pocket. She looked back and frowned when Stefan and Klaus were nowhere to be found.

• • • •

Faith kept teleporting around the town square for Klaus. Her heart continued to pound as she grew worried for Klaus. April had called her again when she made it to the cellar, but she saw Klaus killing one of his hybrids and blood all over him.

She appeared in front of a tree in the middle of the town square. A sigh of relief left her lips at the sight of Klaus. He sat against the tree with a bottle of champagne in hand. He looked so defeated and lonely.

Ignoring the blood on him, Faith rushed toward him and pulled him into her arms. She didn't say anything in case he only wanted to stay quiet. Her heart sank as she guessed what happened. His hybrids betrayed him and he had to kill them.

He dropped the bottle of champagne onto the now. Silently, he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. He buried his head into her shoulder. He just wanted to be with her, the person who hadn't betrayed him. Who he wishes would never will.

"I had to," he mumbled.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled back. "I'm here."

And his hold on her tightened as he held his tears. Instead, Faith cried for him. Silent tears fell from her eyes as she felt the loneliness and betrayal of the hybrid.