08

Despite the embarrassment yesterday, you still chose to go to the Academy.

When the wall opened, students scattered everywhere welcomed you, just like the usual except that you are the center of attention today.

Jin, his friends, and yours accidentally entered the Academy altogether. Stopped when they realized that every student was eyeing them and they immediately turned around, some covered their faces.

The bell rang and you watched the students gather their stuff and leave for their classes.

"Can't they just forget what happened?" Jin groaned.

You saw Namjoon, the top one, walking towards all of you and clearing his throat to get your attention.

"The Principal wants to talk to all of you." You looked at each other before giving Namjoon a nod, he gestured for all of you to follow him.

When you reached the Principal's office, you guys took a seat while the others remained standing.

"I heard you got punished yesterday." The Principal began, clasping his hands together above the table.

"After your punishment," The Principal's calm expression changed into a frustrated one, "All of you escaped!"

The six of you pressed your lips into a thin line in unison.

"Kim Seokjin! You are a class President! How many times do I have to tell you that you should be the role model!" Well, Jin is being a role model. Just a terrible one.

"Y/n! Why are you always getting involved in these fights?!"

"And those who just got involved! What's happening to you?!"

The Principal took a deep breath to calm down and leaned against his seat. After a while, he composed himself.

"Because of this, you will receive a punishment. Again."

*

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

"How's this, Jimin?" Jungkook asked the other, who's writing random things on the whiteboard, while he's drawing anything that comes into his mind.

Jimin looked at his drawing and his lips formed into an exaggerated O, "Wow! You're so good, Kook!"

"Kook?"

"Yeah! It's too long."

"What long?" Taehyung chimed in, standing to join the duo in front.

"His name."

"Oh."

You groaned and turned to Hoseok, who's sitting beside you and reading quietly, he's wearing reading glasses right now which made him a thousand times better.

"Hoseok!" You yelled next to his ear which made him flinch, his glasses moving onto the tip of his nose.

"What? What? What?" He asked with a high-pitched tone and pushed his glasses back.

"I'm bored." You crossed your arms against your chest.

"Just read. The professor told us to read about our history to spend our time."

"Aren't you getting bored?" He just shook his head.

You looked at the other row and saw Jin reading as well, obviously too focused on it.

"Y/n! Look! I draw you!" You raised a brow and looked at Jimin who called you. Your brow furrowed at your portrait on the board.

"What the heck is that?" Jin asked in disbelief with a hint of mockery in his voice.

You were drawn as a stick woman with chicken-like wings and your name on the woman's blank face. You gave Jimin a blank look and he looked at you innocently.

Is he always like that? You questioned yourself, hoping that someone would answer since you can communicate with Jin for an unknown reason and you can talk to Hoseok through your mind (if you'll choose to).

Not sure. You frowned, How can you not be sure? He is your friend!

He just joined the group recently, I didn't even say yes, you know.

You just smiled at Jimin and he smiled back, you almost got blinded by how bright it was.

"Oh! Oh! Look at Kook's drawing."

You turned to the other side of the board and saw Jungkook finalizing his masterpiece. "What's that?" Taehyung asked, crossing his arms.

Jungkook stepped backward to show his drawing; a girl holding a baseball bat and she's about to hit the guy in front of her but the same guy was behind and back hugging her, the only difference is the guy behind has a faded color like it's just a shadow.

"You're so good at this, Kook!" Hoseok praised, standing up and finally leaving the book.

The door of the room suddenly opened, revealing Namjoon. "Time is up and there's an announcement, we will have a retreat next week."

*

You don't have to wake up early today because there are no classes but you have to buy things to bring to your retreat since it will happen in two days.

You took a bath, wore casual clothes before grabbing your wallet and phone, then went out of your room. You've decided to eat breakfast- brunch rather when you come back.

You stopped in the middle of the stairs when the front door opened, revealing Jin, who was wearing a white long coat with red flowers as its design, white long sleeves inside, black pants, and shoes. He takes his hat off and stepped inside your house.

Your mother suddenly went out of the kitchen and stopped when she saw you standing in the middle of the stairs, this made the visitor turn to you as well.

"Y/n sweetie! Jin is here." You smiled at your mother and you hoped that she noticed that it was a fake one.

"Come in." She motioned for Jin to come in and he obeyed, turning opposite of the Jin you knew.

"Y/n, you said that you'll go out to buy things for the retreat so I invited Jin over to accompany you. You're in the same class, right?"

You looked at Jin who's obviously against the idea but of course, only you can notice this, "Yes, mother." You answered and she clapped.

"Great! Go and buy your needs! Oh! And Jin, join us for breakfast later when you come back, alright?" He smiled at her and nodded.

"Yes, madame. We will be back." You two went out of your house with your mother keeping an eye on you two like a hawk.

When you're finally far from the house, you immediately walk away from Jin like he has a transmissible disease.

"You can go and mind your own business, let's just meet here later." You said but when you didn't receive a reply, you turned around and saw the vampire who kept on looking around like a lost puppy. Your eyes soften when you remembered why he looked so scared of everyone.

Without thinking, you stretched your arm and offered your hand to him. His eyes widened and looked at you in disbelief, then at your hand. Gulping, he carefully slipped his hand to yours.

Finally accepting your offer and forgetting his pride just for a while.