eleven

Shawn's POV

"Well, Mr. Mendes, this is goodbye for us. Dr. Kholi will be now in charge of your treatment", Doctor Lyss told my dad and she held her hand out and he took it delicately.

"Thank you so much, doctor", he told her with a smile and she went out the room after nodding at me and Camila.

"Ready to go?", I asked my dad.

"So ready", he sighed with a smile.

"I'll take this", Camila said carrying his bag while I pushed the wheelchair.

"I can walk", my dad complained while we waited for the elevator.

"Hospital rules, dad. Sorry".

I motioned to get into the elevator backwards so my dad would face the doors. Camila stood by my side and her presence was calm and chaos at the same time for me. All inside me was suddenly reacting to her and my brain couldn't think straight when she was around. My dad didn't know everything that was going on between us, my love life was not something we discussed normally but I knew he had some fair idea.

I returned the wheelchair while Camila helped my dad get in the car. The image feel oddly domestic to me but then I remembered they had known each other for a period of time already. Weird how I would forget that when I had done a stupid assumption at the beginning because of their bond. I was glad now.

At home, my dad refused to go to bed as the Dr. Lyss had instructed and instead sat on the couch. He was a stubborn man and I could feel the tense, frustrating moments that were ahead of us but Camila glanced at me as telling me to take it slow and sat next to him. They talked about college and then drifted to the books in his library while I put his stuff back on his room.

"Is chicken ok for dinner?", I asked.

"As long as it's not soup", my dad said. He was tired of the hospital soup so I tried to come up with something that he could eat and was tasty, considering he had some food and spices restrictions.

"So you cook too?", Camila said joining me in the kitchen later, when my dad was too busy watching some sport game on TV.

"I have a lot of talents", I said slowly.

"Hmm... interesting".

She rested her elbows on the counter and held her chin with her hand while she watched me chop the vegetables. I liked the way she was looking at me, but I couldn't help get a bit nervous under her stare.

"Do you cook?", I asked her to get the attention off me.

"I do, but only when I have to. I usually don't have time for elaborated dishes".

"Lucky for you, I happen to have a lot of time today... and tonight".

She looked at me under her lashes and the smirk on her face made me chuckle. I wasn't sure about what we were doing but I was all in to find out.

"Are you hungry now?"

"A bit", she giggled. "I'm always hungry".

"Let me see what else there's here", I said looking around the kitchen. "Maybe a piece of fruit? Orange, banana, pear?"

"A banana, please", she said excited and I laughed. "Sorry, I really liked them".

"Here", I said giving one to her and I watched her peel it off and then bit the tip.

I shouldn't, it really shouldn't, but the image was enough to increased my temprature. I went back to cooking but I innevitably glanced at her while her lips formed a perfect O before getting a bit of the banana and chewing.