thirty-one

Camila's POV

"It's time for you to go", I said trying to stop Shawn from kissing my face again and again.

"No, I wanna stay", he complained.

"You can't", I told him and he stopped to look at me with puppy eyes.

"Why?", he asked me confused.

"Because Sofi is coming over and we're having a girls' night", I explained.

"You can have a girls' night plus Shawn, it'll be so much fun".

"Hmmm... sounds interesting", I pretended to think about it.

"You know it will be", he tried to convince me by leaving sweet pecks on my neck.

"I'm not sure", I whispered and he started to kiss my lips.

"Let me... show you... how fun I am..." he said in between kisses and I enjoyed the attention although I knew what I was going to say at the end.

He was so sweet and caring with me, not that he wasn't before but he was being more deliberate about it now. He reminded me to eat the right vegetables and fruits and drink enough water every day. I started a food aversion against coffee which I absolutely hated because I used to live based on coffee. I couldn't smell and let alone taste it. Shawn was kinda relieved about it because he had read caffeine wasn't good for the baby. He had read so much that was making me dizzy. He was so committed, I could melt.

"No, you still have to go", I said pushing him away.

"No", he whined. "At least let me stay until she gets here".

"Alright, but you'll have to help me", I said standing up.

"What do you need?", he asked me following me down the hall to my room.

"I need you to get the blankets from that top cabinet", I showed him.

"You just kept me around because I'm taller than you", he complained but did what I asked him to.

"You're absolutely right", I agreed.

"Are you going to tell her?", Shawn asked me when we were back in the living room.

We still hadn't told anyone about the baby. Not because we were afraid or embarrassed, but because we were waiting to be more into the first trimester and have overcome any complications that can come along in this period.

"I don't know, maybe?", I answered.

"Don't get mad, but I already told someone", he said and then looked at me with expectant eyes.

"You did? Who did you tell?", I asked him surprised.

"My friend Nick, from Toronto".

"Ok... I think I've only heard you name him once though".

"Yeah, well... I was kinda jealous he was traveling the world while I was working to move here but not anymore, I'm much happier now".

"And what did you tell him?"

"That I was dating the most amazing girl and that I was going to have a baby with her", he said softly.

"Life is crazy, huh?", I commented and he smiled.

Sofi finally texted me she was arriving and went to welcome her outside. Shawn followed me because he was leaving.

"Hi sis!", Sofi jumped at me when she saw us. "Hi Shawn".

"Hi Sofi", my boyfriend hugged her. "I wanted to hang out with you two tonight but Camila vetoed me out".

"You're such a baby", I told him laughing. "Now go, I'll stay with my sister only".