forty-one

Shawn's POV

When June arrived there were too many things going on. Camila was 5 months pregnant and now for sure her baby bump was showing. She looked absolutely gorgeous, even when she complained about having to pee too often or about her feet hurting. Warm weather was also the best time for weddings, so I was pretty booked and busy, which was great considering we had our hands full preparing for when the baby comes.

About our wedding, we had decided on a small intimate ceremony by the end of August, neither of us wanted a big celebration. My family was stocked when we told them about it. Camila's family was too, but as before, it took them a while to assimilate everything. Then I realized I should've ask Ale for his blessing or something. I didn't really believe in that, but they were a bit more conservative and traditional so I ended up having a new heart to heart and nerve wracking conversation with him.

"No more surprises", he said to me when we were done and had made peace again.

At this point, I might as well had given him a full breakdown by the look of it.

Camila just laughed this time. She assured me this was a normal reaction and one that this time she was expecting from him. I would've loved a warning about it but she seemed to enjoy my suffering.

"It was cute, baby, and you did great", she told me at night that day.

My dad had invented us for dinner today and given Camila was in a mood to eat, her and my dad would make a perfect match at the table.

"Hello", my dad said cheerfully when we arrived.

"We are starving", Camila said when we went inside. I chuckled because she was the only one starving of the both of us.

"Don't worry, dinner will be ready soon", he said.

He had prepared lemon garlic chicken with jasmine rice and it was amazing.

"So, how have you been?", I asked my dad while we ate.

"No as good as you", he said. "When are you checking with the doctor again?"

"Next week", Camila replied. "And hopefully this time will be able to see if it is a girl or a boy".

"She thinks it's a boy", I said and Camila sighed.

"Shawn", she said my name with sighed, "that was one time".

"But what if you were right?", I wonder.

"But what if I wasn't and we make her feel uncomfortable".

"It's just some genitals", I shrugged. "Maybe she or he would want to change genders later".

"You really think like that?", she asked me slowly.

"Like what?"

"You'd be ok with our kid been transgender", she said.

"Of course I would", I said right away.

"Oh God...", she breathed out.

"You wouldn't?", I asked confused and worried.

"Yes... I mean, no. I don't know how to answer to negative questions", she chuckled. "I would be more than ok with that and I love you even more now that you feel the same way".