fifty-one

Camila's POV

"Do you have it?", I asked Mandy as soon as she entered the apartment.

"Yes, I do", she nodded. "Do you have my nephew?"

"Yes, I do", I repeated and showed her where Alex was sleeping.

"Oh God, he's so cute", she whispered. "He almost makes me want to have a kid on my own".

"He'll need a partner in crime", I agreed but she shook her head.

"No, thanks. It was just a thought".

"Ok", I laughed. "Now give me that".

I took the package from her hands and opened it carefully so I could put it back again.

"Wow", I sighed looking at it.

"It's good, right?", she smiled and then went back to admiring Alex.

I was shock at how perfect it was, much more than I was expecting. I had to hold my chest with my hand somehow, because emotions were running high looking at it.

"Thank you for this", I told my friend with so much gratitude.

"Don't thank me, I was just the delivery person", she told me.

"I wouldn't have got it without you", I corrected her, because it was true. How could I have gotten something like this without her help?

"Ok, if you want to praise me you can do it", she said fixing her hair dramatically.

"You're crazy", I laughed. "Do you want something? He will not wake up in at least an hour more. We can catch up", I offered.

"Can't we just wake him up now?", she asked instead pouting.

"Don't you dare", I said adamant.

"Ok, ok", she put her hands up and followed me back to the living room.

I poured water in two mugs and prepare some tea. It turned out that I no longer needed coffee to live. I could drink it just fine now, it wasn't my first choice anymore.

"So...", she hissed before taking a sip and then putting the cup down. "How are you? How are things going as a new mom?"

"Ugh... it's exhausting, not gonna lie. But it's also so magical. I can be a zombie but I look at my son's paceful face and everything is worth it again", I said.

"You don't look like a zombie now", Mandy complimented me.

"Well, things have been getting easier... and better now".

"Mmm", she murmured raising her eyebrows. "Back in the game?"

"Kinda..."

"What do you mean kinda? You are either in or out. Are you still feeling weird about it?", she frowned worried.

"It's not like before, I'm better now. We actually... we did it a few days ago", I told her and for the first time I was blushing while talking abut sex with my friend, that didn't use to happen.

"Finally?", she almost yelled and I shut her immediately so she wouldn't wake Alex up. "Sorry, my bad, but you have to tell me everything about it".

"There's no much to say", I shrugged. "I had felt ready for a few days but I was still a bit self conscious about it so I hadn't told him anything in case I was going to crush his hopes later, but that day when I got home I truly needed him, it's was like an instinct"

"Why so sudden?", she asked me.

"Oh nothing, maybe because his friend was there", I tried to say casually but she didn't let it go.