thirty-seven

Shawn's POV

I paced around the hall. My hands were sweating and I had a dull pain in my stomach. I was so freaking nervous and I wasn't even the one presenting the thesis. I was so bad with exams and anything related to school.  Art and photography were my thing, not this academic side. Dad and Aaliyah were like that, but I couldn't be more different from them in that aspect. And now my girlfriend was also the biggest and hottest nerd I knew.

Camila's parents and Mandy were also waiting for her with me.

She had practiced for weeks. She even practiced with me, just trying to remember the important things she had to mention. I almost learnt it by heart myself, although I didn't know much of what she was talking about, social studies weren't my cup of tea.

When the door opened I froze. She walked out the room alone and the door closed behind her.

"And...?", I asked expectantly.

"They have to discuss it first", she said so damn calmly.

"How do you think it went?", her mom asked her.

"I honestly don't know, my mind kind of disconnected. I talked a lot but I'm not sure of what I said", she explained looking at nothing really.

"You probably killed it", Mandy tried to cheer her up, but Camila was like gone.

"Oh God", she whispered. "What if I screwed it?"

"Baby", I said taking a step closer. "Calm down, they tell you in a second, but I have no doubts you did excellent. You were more than ready to leave them speechless. You got this".

She looked at me and it was like her soul had come back to her body. She nodded and breathed.

I was terrified she had actually talked nonsense in there but I couldn't say that. She needed me and I was going to be there for her. Plus, she probably hadn't and her brain had done wonders without her even noticing it.

"Miss Cabello, can you come back inside please?", one grey haired guy asked her and she followed him.

The five minutes she was inside were absolutely torture. I couldn't hear a thing and we were all nervous out of our minds. I could almost feel my heart on my throat, like literally.

When the door opened one more time and she came out with tears on her eyes I feared the worst. Ale was the first to go to her and wrapped her in his arms. She whispered something to him and he hugged her tighly, even picking her up from the floor. Camila giggled and I understood everything was alright. I let out the air that was trapped in my lungs.

"You did it", I said looking at her with the proudest expression on my face.

"I did", she smiled and I kissed her with everything in me.

She was a master graduate with honors. I couldn't bare the excitement inside me.

We went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate with her family and best friend and all I could do was to stare at her. I was so fucking in love with her. I was never regreting moving here, even when the circumstances weren't the best, because I met her and she turned my world upside down.

I made sweet love to her when we were back home. I undressed her slowly and delighted myself with the sight of her naked body in front of me. Damn, I was a lucky bastard.

"Babe", she groaned when she reached her high and I pushed myself back with my arms to take in the image of her coming undone under my touch, her skin burning and her cheeks blushing.

I thursted a few more times inside her until my own pleasure was too much to handle and buried my face on her neck, saying her name in a chocked moan.