two

Camila's POV

On Tuesday morning I went to the campus library to study. I had a paper I needed to proofread, finish the last ideas and send by the end of the week. When I felt I had done as much as I could, I wrapped it up and left.

Once outside I saw him. There he was again. At this point it was getting creepy. In the two weeks that had passed, I had seen him around more than I had seen my friends. Yes, he was hot, but that didn't make it any less worrying. Anyone could be a psychopath and I wasn't taking any chances.

I walked in front of the bench he was sitting with my eyes fixed on the road ahead. I knew he was looking at me, I could feel it.

"Hey", he said, "Camila, right?"

If he hadn't said my name I would have never thought he was actually talking to me. I stopped and looked at him over my shoulder.

"Yes", I mumbled.

He stood up and took a few steps to stand in front of me. He was really tall. Or I was really tiny. Both worked.

"I'm Shawn", he mentioned. I looked up at his face and noticed his hazel eyes, rounded lips and the scar on his cheek. "I thought you'd like to know".

"And why is that?", I asked.

I like confident guys, but there was a difference between being confident and being just cocky and arrogant. He was going the wrong way here.

"Just, you know, we've seen each other a lot lately. We might as well introduce ourselves". He said shifting the weight of his body from one leg to the other, moving his hip oh so sexy. At least I wasn't the only one who had noticed how often we had run into each other.

"Well, you already know my name", I pointed out.

"Yeah, I heard it the other day", he said blandly.

I didn't know what else to say. He was intimidating to say the least and the height difference wasn't helping.

"Ok, so..." I mumbled before I saw professor Mendes leaving the library.

I hadn't seen him inside and right now he looked like a really good escape to this awkwardness.

"Hi, there", I said a little to happy, completely ignoring this Shawn guy.

He raised his head and waived at me as he came closer. He eyed me and Shawn but didn't say anything to him.

"Hi, Camila, how are you?" He said with a smile, oblivious to the guy next to me.

"I'm great, you?"

"Fine, fine. I was actually going to call you. I was looking forward to meet you on Friday", he said trying to block the sun from his eyes.

"Yeah, sure. No problem". I smiled at him.

Shawn was dead silent next to me. He didn't move, he didn't even looked at us.

"Great, 4 o'clock then. I'll be waiting", he announced with a smile.

"See you then. I have to go now. Bye, professor. Oh and... bye, Shawn". I said catching both men's attention.

I turned around and made my exit. I didn't look back. That guy made me nervous and I was happy I found a way out of that situation, because frankly I was too intimidated to try and continue a conversation with him right there.

Shawn's POV

"Ready, son?" he said when Camila was far away enough that she wouldn't hear us.

"Yeah", I whispered looking how her petite figure became smaller and harder to spot among the people on campus.

Funny how he tried to play it cool. I knew better than that though. The way she smiled when she said hi to him. His not so subtle lie of a "meeting". Sure, she was his teaching assistant, but it wasn't hard to imagine what happened behind closed doors after school hours. Could I blame him? Nah. She was stunning and my old man was obviously enjoying this opportunity. It was just odd to me how he would break some school policies for a girl my age.

"I know a place with delicious brunch not so far away", he told me enthusiastically.

"Ok, lead the way", I said frowning because of the sun that was hitting my face.

I knew he wouldn't talk much about it. Damn, I knew he wouldn't say a word to me about it. We never really had a close relationship. After my parents got divorced, our relationship drifted apart. I didn't resent him, but as I spent less time with him, it was more difficult to communicate. Then he moved out of the country to New York and the visits became even less frequent.

The thought of him and a 24 year old girl kinda make me sick, but I couldn't get it out of my head. No one wants to think of their parents in any intimate situation with someone else. Specially when that "someone else" is a sexy brunette I could easily see myself hitting at.

I didn't know I was interested in Camila because of how gorgeous she was or because she was my dad's something. Either way, I couldn't keep her image out of my mind.

I also couldn't picture her in this situation with my dad. Why would a young girl like her get herself in a messy situation with an older guy? She could clearly have any guy she'd liked, but there she was giggling at him.

"Are you all settled already?" he asked putting down the menu when we had already arrived at the restaurant.

"Pretty much. I have just small boxes left to open", I said playing with the napkin on my lap.

"Did you like the neighborhood?", he asked.

"It's nice, I guess", I said thinking back at how I had ran into Camila at the store just a couple of days ago. She didn't see me, I believed.

"It's very nice, you were lucky you found that place available".

Of course he knew about the neighborhood and how nice it was, he might have visited her and was very familiar with the area.

"I saw your TA at the store the other day", I commented casually, just to watch his reaction.

A waiter came to get our order right in that moment and he waited until the lady left before continuing with the conversation.

"Camila?", he asked but didn't wait for me to reply. "She might live around. I know she doesn't live far from college".

"Yeah, maybe".

"Were you talking to her earlier?", he inquired drinking from his glass of water. I was waiting for him to ask about it.

"Not really", I said.

"She's a nice girl", he commented resting on his chair.

"She looks like it", I said and then he changed the subject.

I wondered if Camila knew I was his son. Had he ever talked about me or my sister with her? Did she know he had a son close to her age?

Even though we talked about other stuff during brunch, I couldn't just put away the situation he was in. Considering everything that was going on with him, this seemed like a escape from reality. Probably she was blind about everything in his life and was purely a fling or some sort of fantasy they were both fulfilling. I preferred it that way, more casual, less problematic in the end.

———————————

a/n: Remember to vote if you like it please. Thank you for your support again 💕