nine

Shawn's POV

Was it wrong of me to have a crush on her bigger than before? It was both that I knew my dad has nothing to do with her and her attitude to put me in my place that drove crazy. Lately, seeing her was the highlight of my day considering everything that was going on.

I left her at her place but she never left my mind. She was captivating and I hadn't felt like this in so long, maybe since my first year in college.

She didn't have the best impression of me and I couldn't blame her, although I think she was giving up on that and starting to look at me for who I really was. I never saw myself as douchbag, I wasn't raised to be like that and it killed me that I had made her assume I was some kind of jerk. I wish she could see me for who I was soon enough because I had so much to show her.

The next morning, I walked to my dad's room with my usual cup of coffee. The nurse at the desk already knew me, she said hi and I replied with a smile. She was probably a 40 year old woman and her blue eyes reminded me so much of my mom.

"Hey there, pal", a doctor said. I recognized that face.

"Hi", I replied.

"So I just want to give you some head up", he said putting his hand on his pockets and standing with his leg a bit apart, like in some power posture.

"Ok, I'll listen", I said thinking he was going to tell me something about my dad.

"That girl I've seen you with, Camila. I don't know what you two have but you should know we hooked up like two weeks ago".

I had to contain a laugh when I heard him saying that. His ego was hurt because Camila had obviously been avoiding him so he had to come to me to bitch about it.

"Look... Collin", I replied knowing I had said the wrong the name. "I don't care what you two did in the past, she's not my girlfriend. We're just getting to know each other so I don't think that matters to me or her now. And by the look of it, she didn't have quite a good time, you know. Anyways, thank you, I guess, but I have to go". I raised my cup of coffee to him and walked away to check on my dad. Lucy, the nurse, chuckled softly before I stepped inside the room.

"Hi, there", my dad said turning off the TV.

"Hi. How are you feeling?"

"Better, I just want to get out of here", he complained.

"Well, eat and we'll be able to leave".

"The food here sucks".

"Make the effort", I said taking a seat and playing in my head the conversation I just had had. What a lame guy.

"What's on your mind?", my dad asked.

"Nothing, nothing", I smiled.

"Did you get my stuff?", he asked.

"Oh right! I did, we went to your apartment last night and I brought it here but left it in the car".

"That's helpful", he joked.

"I'm sorry, I'll go get it soon".

"That's alright, it's not urgent. And, did you and Camila talk about anything?"

"Uh... she stared at your library most of the time there".

"She's a great girl", he said again. I had lost count of how many times he had said that, but I had to agree with him.

"She said she would probably come today as well", I told him.

"She probably doesn't even come to see me", my dad raised his eyebrows at me.