three

Camila's POV

"I couldn't think rationally until 4 pm, I think", Mandy commented through the phone.

"I know, I was so wasted and tired all day the next Sunday", I laughed.

"It was worth it, though", she said, "I ain't regretting anything".

"Same, we needed that".

"How's work and college going so far?", she asked me.

"Well, it's fine. I have some things to do but nothing too crazy just yet". The midterms were getting closer but we were still not all there yet. I was using this time to embrace and prepare myself to what it was to come.

"Cool, we should try to go out or something, before it gets too stressful for you".

"Yeah, we could", I said thinking about that offer. "How are things with Sebastian?"

She's been dating this guy for almost a year now, and it had been good mostly but the last couple of weeks were a little eventful for both of them and it had rocked their stability. He was a nice guy and I like him so far, so I was hoping they could've fixed things already.

"I think we're better now. We talked about it on Tuesday and he stayed the night, but I still feel like we're both being too careful with each other. Like we haven't fully recovered".

"I imagine that could take a while, but you are making things work again".

"Yeah, we both missed each other so much", she giggled.

"That's so cute", I said fake sobbing.

"So, when are you going to get a boyfriend?".

"Ugh, I don't know. I'm not crazy looking for one, but I'm also not completely against the idea. I kinda miss having that connection with someone".

"Is there any guy around that could apply for the position?"

"Uhm... not really. Oh, wait! There's one. I ran into him a couple of times in the last weeks, maybe a lot of times"

"Who is he? Is he hot?"

"I don't know. He is hot but... I don't know, it's been weird between us. I've seen him on campus but never in any class. I also saw him at the store the other day, but I think he didn't see me. He stares, and the other day just stopped me to tell me his name".

"He is into you, Mila", she said excited.

"You think?", I said biting my nails.

"Well, I don't know", she laughed, "I don't know him, but it sounds like it. Maybe you could talk to him".

"Yeah... I don't know. We'll see".

"Alright, I have to go. Tell me if anything exciting happens. Love you".

"Love you too, bye."

I put my phone on the night table and connected it to its charger. My dad kept telling me to not charge it overnight because it was dangerous, but I kept forgetting to do it during the day.

I rested back on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Was it a good a idea to talk to Shawn? Whatever, maybe I was not going to see him again anyways.

...

5:13 pm. This meeting was being extensive. Mr. Mendes was going over all the assignments, classes and mid-terms he had planned for the end of the semester. He showed me the students in his class, their grades, their stats, who was passing and who was already struggling. He was very meticulous and organized with everything, I was impressed.

"Ok, I think I have it all", I said writing the last note on my notepad.

"I hope so. I know it's a lot, Camila. It's actually more than what I've asked my previous assistants, but I know you can handle this", he said with kind eyes.

"Yeah, I can do it. Don't worry", I assured him.

"Thank you, you're actually helping me a lot".

It was great to know he though so highly of me. I knew my potential and it felt nice for someone else to notice it.

We said our goodbyes and I headed for the door. Once I was out in the hallway with the door closed behind me and looking at the figure approaching me, I paralyzed.

I saw him when he first appeared at the end of the hall. Black jeans, baby pink tee. Our eyes connected as he made his way down towards me. I felt the hallway get smaller, tighter. I subtly fixed my posture and started walking.

Ok, maybe now it was my chance to say something, I just had to get it together and act cool.

I was not going to let him know how intimidating he was. I was not going to let him see how my knees were shaking, my heart was raising and my mouth was drooling.

He came closer and I was ready.

Five steps away and he continued looking at me.

C'mon. Let's get over with this. I can do it, I thought to myself.

But then... he passed right beside me and went inside the office I had just exited. No words. No change on his expression. Just his perfume on the air.

What the... Damn, Camila. That was embarrassing.

Shawn's POV

I was getting tired of his stubborn ass. He was being selfish and I was not going to accept that. The fact that I saw Camila getting out of his office just made it worse. I noticed her looking at me but I didn't have time for whatever she wanted to say, so I just walked around her and opened my dad's office.

"What the hell?", I said throwing my hands in the air inside his office after I closed the door.

He looked at me over his glasses but didn't give an answer. He was on his chair and reclined on it to look at me.

"What happened? You told me you were going to go", I said infuriated.

If he lost the appointment because of that girl I was going to be really mad, and so far it was looking just like it. Maybe she wasn't so nice after all. I couldn't believe how irresponsible he could be. Was she such a good laid?

"Calm down", he said with his flat voice.

"Don't say that", I said upset and a bit disappointed at his reckless behavior, it also sounded like a warning.

"It's OK, Shawn, really. I rescheduled. I had some things to do, but I'm going tomorrow morning".

I breathed. I was still mad and concerned about it. This couldn't be happening.

"I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry. I got distracted and the meeting with Camila took longer than I thought". Yeah, I bet it did.

"I'm going with you tomorrow", I stated and he looked at me.

I knew that he appreciated his independence, that he was grown man but apparently this grown man had forgotten how to look after himself and needed his son to do so. I was not happy to be the person telling him what to do, but some things needed to be taken care of.

"You don't have to", he said.

"I'm going", I repeated and stormed out of his office.

For a second I thought I was going to run into Camila and her big round eyes looking at me on the hall again, but she was nowhere to be seen and right now I prefered it that way.