𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Joe scolded Barry angrily, although Barry didn't really seem to care all that much. Evelyn sat on the edge of one of the many desks in the cortex of S. T. A. R. Labs. She watched silently as Barry informed everyone of his bold move to reach out to Leonard Snart for help. Of course, as both predicted breaking the news to their friends didn't go so well. "What do you mean you talk to Leonard Snart?"

"I asked him for help." Barry said nonchalantly like it wasn't a big deal to go to a well known A-list criminal for help with other criminals especially when these criminals had enhanced abilities.

"Barry, why would you do something so stupid?" Said Joe and Barry sighed in frustration.

"Because Joe, we have already tried everyone else. Look, you tried the CCPD. I tried Oliver. I even tried Ronnie and Dr. Stein." He explained himself to the man who had become another father to him. "And the particle accelerator goes online in...." he looked to Cisco for the answer.

"Sixteen hours." answered Cisco nervously.

"Sixteen hours, Joe." Barry repeated trying to get him to see that whether he liked it or not they needed all the help they could get. "I'm not willing to let the metas die, and we can't let them escape either. So, like it or not, Snart, with his cold gun is the only one that can stop them if Cisco's transportation does not hold."

Evelyn glanced down at her phone praying that Leonard had responded to her text. She sent him one hours ago trying to convince him to help Barry just this once. She frowned as she stared at the blank home-screen. "Then lucky for you I figured out what it is you can get me." His snarky tone filled her ears, and she looked up from her phone to find Leonard standing in the cortex. Evelyn grinned at the sight of him. She was happy that he decided to do what was right and help her friends. She knew he had it in him to be a good man. He could be a hero if he truly wanted to be one.

He eyed the building as he slowly headed further inside. He studied every detail carefully. Every chip and crack in the wall. Everything that might be of some use later. Others might find it odd or think he was scheming, but Evelyn knew that this was a habit that grew over the years of being a thief. Leonard cased a job at least three times before he robbed them clean. Now, whenever he entered an unfamiliar place, he studied every inch of it. She didn't know if he was aware of it, but she had gotten use to it.

"Hello, detective. Nice to see you again." Leonard said unfazed that Joe was aiming a gun at him.

He then went down the row for the rest of his greetings. "Cisco. Caitlin."