𝐓𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

EVELYN FOUGHT HARD TO MASK HER ANXIETY the further she headed inside the rustic bar. It was a task that turned out be harder than she thought it would be. She cursed at herself for changing too much over the past years. Years ago, this would've been no problem for her. She used to be far more confident than she was now. She doesn't really know when or how that changed. Joe told her to put her criminal past away and move forward to become something better. It didn't mean she had to change completely to the point where she left her confidence and moxie behind.

This all would have been so much easier if everyone in this room wasn't studying her. She knew she did not exactly fit in with this crowd anymore, and they don't need to remind her of it. Despite the fact she waltzed inside with a tight black dress accompanied with a leather jacket, it didn't necessarily mean they don't know that she isn't as tough as she used to be. It's not enough to look the part. This newfound innocence that clung to her like perfume as of late had fabricated a soft reputation for her. She stuck out like a rose amongst the thorns.

She inhaled a deep breath while she mentally went over what she was going to say to him. When she spotted him at the far back booth, she headed directly for his table. She reached him within moments. Her petite figure towered over him due to the fact that he had been seated. He glanced up at her uninterested before he lazily went back to his food. "Yes?" Leonard asked her dryly.

"You're a dick, you know that?" She huffed out as she crossed her arms across her chest.

Lisa's concerns for her brother along with her list of his strange behavior had Evelyn tossing and turning in her sleep last night. She couldn't shake the odd feeling in her gut whenever she tried to make sense of it this morning. She had to get to the bottom of things, and she knew exactly how to do it. It was to go to the source herself.

Yesterday, she promised Lisa she would talk to Leonard, and she had came here today to fulfill that promise. She needed answers from the criminal master mind, so she had an inkling that she'd find him here. Saints and Sinners was a place they use to visit frequently. Memories of liquor filled celebration nights and planning for heists all took place here.

Leonard shrugged. "So I've been told." He told her nonchalantly, and Evelyn scoffed. He peered up at her face momentarily. His eyes drifted from her head to her toes and he smirked. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"We need to talk." She said confidently. She had finally found her nerve. Leonard gestured for her to take a seat to which she obliged. She sat up straight in the booth with her hands resting on her lap. Leonard watched her quietly. He was obviously trying to read her.

"Well?" He said with an eye roll. "Are you gonna talk or just sit there?"

"You-"