Twenty-Two

Mare

Maven's words rang through my head.

It was up to me to be his Queen.

Did I want to be his Queen, he hasn't really proposed yet, the last times were just him playing with me, like he always did.

He just stood there, leaned up against the door.  The sunset filled the room with tones of red and purple.  He looked at me with sadness, he wanted me to be his Queen, and if it wasn't with me, it would be arranged to someone he wouldn't desire.  He desires me.  He wants me. 

I have to admit, I want him too. 

But the other part of me doesn't want me to want him.  The other part doesn't know what to think. 

We just stare at each other in silence, the only thing speaking is the colors changing outside, lighting the room with different shades of purple and pink.  

Maven fiddles with the ring, the ring that scares me now.  The crown should scare me, but it's the ring.  Maven has a similar one on his ring finger, just less jeweled, simpler. 

"I'm going to change into something more comfortable," He breaks the silence.  He walks past me to his closet, I turn my head to see him, he pushes the door but it doesn't lock shut, it lightly creaks open.

It seemed as if Maven didn't notice.  I decided to walk over and close it, to give him some privacy.  But when I was about to grab the handle to close the door, it swung open, making a creaking noise. 

Once the door was fully opened, it revealed Maven's bare chest. 

I couldn't help but stare at his god-like body, my chest rose and fell as my breathing quickened, I could feel my heart rate sky. 

"Staring now, aren't we?" He looked at me with a side eye, making a sexy smirk.  My chest rises and falls, I can't take my eyes off of his muscular tones and soft, light skin. 

He turned his full body to face me, he gave me a side smirk. 

I bit my lip from saying something stupid.  He walks toward me slowly, the fact it's slow is enough. 

He walked around me until he was behind me, I turned to face him, missing him. 

"You can't stop staring, now can you?" He gave me a small giggle. 

"Yeah, I can't," I said with honesty, pushing the negative screams out of my head. 

"Why," He crinkles his brow.

"Because it's you, Maven," I didn't realize how lustful I sounded, craving him for me once again.  He is only inches away from me now.  The crown atop of his head was perfectly aligned, almost to perfect.

I raise my hand and budge his crown, making it lopsided on his head.  He grabs it and puts it on my head. 

"It fits you,"

"It barely fits on my head,"

I can imagine the crown is hardly on my head, that it's uneven. But I leave it there. 

Maven looks at me with the same lustful eyes I do, we know what we have in mind, we both know what we want.  He looks down at me, I look up, his breath is warm on my skin.  Our breathing patterns matched. 

"Mare?" He says it as if he'd finished running a race, out of breath, it warms me up that I take his breath away. 

He takes my breath away. 

"I love you," He rests his forehead on the top of my head, nudging the crown slightly, not enough to push it off. 

"I love you, Maven Calore," 

He kissed me again, but only this time, I kiss him back.  

Here we go again.

He knows I am falling, and I am falling when I didn't think I could again.

But I do love him.  This love isn't what I expected to happen when I surrendered.  But I do.

This romance made my head spin.

But not because it was bad.

It was good.

So good.