Thirty-Four

*time skip of a day*

Gwendolyn

I am awoken from my somewhat peaceful slumber when I hear a door burst open and I can hear voices. I sit up from the screechy bed and rub my gray eyes, getting rid of the cobwebs from my eyes. Genesis was asleep next to me, she fell asleep in my room. She was snoring, how nice.

I hear a clutter of footsteps, I try to move without waking Genesis. I wiggle out of her hug, she stills in her sleep before rolling over, facing the wall, I don't breathe until she calms down, then I release an exhale from my lips.

I creek the door open, a light turns on when I do so. I can't see faces down the hall, but I can hear voices. I can hear a sword being drawn from its sheath, making a slick metal sound. Another door opens on the opposite side of the hall from where I am. I turn my head to see Diana, who looks like she just woke up. But once she sees the sword and figures her face goes pale.

"We are under attack!" She screams an alert before running back into her room. I slam my door shut and jump on the bed.

"Genesis wake up, we are being attacked, come on!" I yell while shaking her.

"Wh-what?" She rubs her eyes as she wakes up.

"Someone is attacking us, come on," I grab her arm and pull her up. The facts hit her quickly because all the light makes her face go pale, just like Diana, we are all scared. Commotion is going on outside, I stay in the cold room with Genesis until the door gets kicked open. I get my ice ready in my palms.

"Gwen, it's me," I hear Diana's voice, I keep my hand at the read, so does Genesis. "Silvers are here."

My eyes widen, I have never been in the same vicinity as Silvers, I never planned on it either.

"They are here for you," Diana's glossy eyes look deep into my soul. The moment from my nightmares is real.

"Stay by me, we need to get out," Diana holds out her hand and I take it reluctantly, Genesis takes my other hand and Diana runs out of our room, the Silvers after us, catching up. I have my ice ready.

Diana eventually lets go, leaving Genesis and I alone in a hallway. I hear a gunshot. When the sound rings in my ears I feel my blood and sweat go cold. Genesis eventually runs toward the group of Silvers, I don't know where to run.

Someone run onto the other side of the dark hall, I recognize him immediately. Blowtorch. I thought he spit on the Scarlet Guard and got cold feet. I prepare my ice, ready to blast him.

"I'm not here to hurt you," He raises his hands. I don't back away, I am prepared to ice him at any given moment.

"I am just here to finish business, I'm not here with them," He motions toward the others. I see an older, buffer man behind him. He has shiny gray hair and coal eyes. "Get her, Tiberius," says the man. I don't know whether to dodge and run or stay, he said he wouldn't hurt me. His fire eyes lock with mine.

"I'm sorry," Is all he says before he bolts at me, before I an run I am pinned to the ground. I try to kick him off but he is to large and I am to weak.

"You liar!" I scream while failing my limbs around aimlessly on the floor. I see the elder man, I should call him Bullet from now on. I see Bullet look down at me. I continue to squirm as tears stream down on my face, but they freeze before they reach my jawline.

"What do you want from me?" I choke out. He bends down to my level and grabs my neck with his hands.

"I want to see you bleed,"

I flail again, making me moan and cry out. He creates a knife with his hands. He's from House Samos. Volo Samos. I can feel my fear rise up. Blowtorch let's go of one of my arms that he had pinned up against my head, before I can punch anyone Bullet grabs it and pierces my arm, my screams fill up the hallway as I scream. 

"She does bleed red," he comments.  I see my red blood race down my arm and the wound swell as it stings.  I whimper from underneath the two men, both cold, Silver blooded liars.

"Now, what to do with this freezer," Volo continues to grasp my neck, making me choke on my screams. 

"Please," I whimper, begging for him to let me go.  Blowtorch looks at me with sad eyes. I know he's a dummy but he wants to let me go, his grip on me is nothing compared to Bullet's. 

"Should we kill her?" Bullet asks Blowtorch.

I begin to sob when I think of this will be how I die, just like my father.  Killed by heartless Silvers.

"Maybe we should spare her for now, do what we didn't do," Blowtorch says, putting on a brave face, when he is really wanting to let me go.  For a brief moment I am thankful, then I remember the color of his blood. 

"We will let her live, for now," Bullet says.  He stays above me but he lets go of my neck, making me gasp for air.  I think everything is okay for a moment, until I see Genesis and Coro in chains across the hall, knocked out, or possibly dead.

"No! No please don't hurt them! Please don't-," I beg, trying to run away at full force, but then the grip on my wrists come, making my hands go limp.  Every time I try to stand I fall. 

"Contain her," Bullet commands.  Blowtorch grabs a needle from his pocket and reluctantly stings me with it. 

"Don't hurt them," I whisper, fighting the urge to sleep with all of my strength left, but my eyes start to flicker shut and my vision blurs, until everything goes black.