Chapter 22. Cute🍁

Isabella

"Old Mcdonald had a farm, E-ya-E-ya-O, and on his farm he has a Cow, E-ya-E-ya-O, With a moo here and a moo there ---"

"Ohh KILL ME ALREADY!!" nathan shouted, i glared at him with narrowed eyes, he was scowling at me, and Liam was doing some repair work.

"Shh Nauty, cant you see baby beetroot is trying to sleep?" i said in hushed voice

"Yeah, and cant you see you are disturbing beeeeeetroot, by singing that moo moo song of yours" he said nathan came down and sat on the hay, he was not saying anything just ennjoying our banter.

" Whats wrong with my singing?" i whispered yelled

"Everything, ask Liam here, he will tell you" i glanced towards him he stared and stared at me, dont you think he is staring at me more lately, whats with this staring anyway, so i jutted my chin in way of asking his opinion. He darted his tongue moist his lips, which caught my eyes and i felt my own throat parched, i met his eyes he smirked Ohh God he caught, but he smiled and said only one thing.

"CUTE" which caught me off guard that was not expected from him thats new.

"OHH COME ON MAN, she is singing lullaby to a little calf" nathan said annoyed

"She has a name beetroot!" i said again, and saw she slept so i stoodup quietly and walked towards him, he breathed out frustrated sigh, and went somewhere inside the barn. Liam patted the hay, gestured me to seat next to him, i went and sat he was looking at the cow and the baby.

"Do you like kids?" he asked

"Hmm-mmh, i do, who dont like them, they are the pure, innocent and neutral form in human kind, they are like raw clay, which can be molded however you want them to" he was staring at me again, but this time the look in his eyes were like he was looking at me with admiration, then he gave me sweet smile, and my heart jumped again.

" What, why are you smiling?" I asked

"Come lets go out,  lets see carrot harvest" he ignored my question, hence he walked back yard faraway i saw some of liam's farmworkers were harvesting some vegies, most of them were ladies that to young one, as liam walked through them, all the girls stopped and started ogling him,he was unbothered and went straight towards the men, and started watching how they were harvesting the carrots, but my attention were on those girls, i felt uneasy they were looking in liam's direction even though he was not noticing, but still i felt a needle like pain in my heart, why? 'am i jealous of the ladies?' i muttered unconsciously to myself.

" Because you find him attractive"

"aaaaaaaaahaaaaaa😲😲😲 Jesus Christ Nathan you scared me!!" i jumped in fright when nathan said this behind me, wait what attraction?!

"What do you mean?" did i said it loudly?

"Yes, my deary baby sisi, you said it loud and i heard it clear, and answer to that is you have developed this crush towards my bestie over there" he said while putting his hand on my shoulder guiding me towards them all, and pointed towards liam

" Nope, you are wrong i.... i was just thinking something else" i straightway lied and try to confuse him he said nothing furtherr and that was relief for me, but i have to bring all my emotion in check before any one get whipp of it, because it is dangerous i cant let the girly harmones to jump here and there and confuse my brain cells, and i have my goal set ahead, and on top of all that i cant let my stupid heart have any feelings for Liam, i mean he is good in all the ways, but i dont think so i am the one for him, like El said he would have his share of girls, and i am not of his type anyway. Buckleup and hold it all together Isabella Adam Gilbert. I took a breath and went towards the boys who were harvesting the carrots.

"Hey mind if i try" I asked a guy who was doing it, he was tall like nathan and fair looking muddy hands he smled and showed me how to pluck carrots from the soil.

"Now on count of 1 2 and 3" he said i pull the carrots out of soil, and as my clumsiness came in handy i fall back on the soil, thomas started laughing which followed by my giggle as well.

"Here, are you hurt or something i told you were already hurt with your --" he pointed towards the sling

"Ohh no dont worry its okay am fine,.......... here" I passed the bunch of carrots towards him and heard a throat clearing behind me, thomas went serious looking behind at the person, i turned and saw liam was standing with a angry nah furious might be kind of exppression, who poked him now, why is his mood sore?, after glaring at poor thomas, his eyes met mine and felt Cold swift over it, they were hard not ounce of admiraton which i saw back in the barn earlier, what happen now, he makes me confuse what now.

"Come lets go it will be dark soon" and then he took my hands in his calloused one and pulled me towards the house.

You might be thinking there will be sparks and tingle when he hold my hand in his Nah its something different, as we passed the ladies i saw envy flash through their eyes, and as i looked towards our tangled hands it felt......... i cant say sparks, cant even say good, it felt right, like my hands ment to be in his, it gave me feeling of........... he pulled me further into house and halted and gave me stern look...