Forty-six

AN:
Hey Army! 💜
Have y'all listened to Dynamite yet!?!!

.

Jungkook first person pov:

Let me just say this: I have no clue what's going on with me and Diana. One minute we're great friends, the next I can't stop staring into her dark eyes, and then she's taking all us maknaes out on dates.

I thought I was cool with her and Taehyung going out together, but seeing her when she came for the "date" made my heart stop. It's not like I didn't think she was beautiful before, but I'd never really seen her dressed up before.

But, a bit after 10:40 the two came back from dinner, laughing and smiling, and I couldn't help but feel a "little" jealous. But I swallow it when they come to join the rest of us on the couch.

"SOoooo. How was the date?" Namjoon Hyung asks.

The two look at each other with pointed looks. "Educational." Tae finally answers.

"When are we going on ours?!?!" Jimin says practically bouncing in his seat.

"Soon Chim Chim, soon." She teases. "Did you guys have a good evening?"

"No! Jin Hyung made us all do the dishes, and Jungkook splashed me with water!" Yoongi Hyung pouts.

"Jungkook how could you do such a thing?!" Diana Noona turns to me and scolds with her arms crossed, but I can tell she's teasing by her eyes.

"I hate water!" Yoongi grumbles.

"Wait really? Why?" Diana turns back to him, surprised.

"I don't know, but I always have."

"Is it because you don't like the temperature or just the feeling of being in the water?" she asks but he just shrugs.

"Do you like water Noona?" Jimin asks. And she nods. "Back in LA we, (me and my friends) would go out on friends boat, and wakeboard."

"Oh, we did that!" Hoseok says.

"I was the best!" I nod to myself, secretly relishing the opportunity to show Diana my skills and all the ways we're alike...What's wrong with me?

"Yeah, but I did it the fastest!" Jin adds.

"Did you ever go surfing?" Diana asks and we all shake our heads.

"Have you?" Tae asks her from where he sits next to her. Why him? Why Tae of all people?!

I think to myself and then immediately regret it. Ugh! Come on JK snap out of IT!

"Oh yes. Many, many times." She says and smiles to herself as she presumably thinks of the memories.

"Now that you're here, would you read Harry Potter, to us again?" Hoseok asks, and my Hyungs start nodding along.

"Oh sure, if you want."

Namjoon Hyung runs to get the book, and Diana makes herself comfortable on the couch. When he returns with the book, she clears her throat and takes a deep breath shutting her eyes. I wonder if she knows she's doing it.

But whatever the case, she opens them again, revealing those dark orbs of hers and begins to read.

I love watching her eyes as they read through the pages, I love watching her mouth as she pronounces the foreign words, and I love listening to her voice when she reads: enchanting, luring, alive.

"What does that mean?" Jimin's voice cuts in, breaking my thoughts.

"Stutter? It's maldeodeum-i." she translates and continues reading.

Though she's reading in English, and in a British accent, and has to stop and translate for us, I find that I can understand more than I thought. Something about the way she says things, makes it so I can understand better than when anyone else has tried to teach me.

"Welcome Harry, to Diagon Alley!"

***

"Alright, that's a good place to stop," Diana said as she placed the bookmark in place and closed the book.

"Thank you for reading Noona," Jimin said.

"Oh, of course. But could you all understand ok?" she asked and was met with nods and words of conformation. "Well, I should probably go.."

"Awwww!!" Hoseok pouts.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" she says and goes around giving each of us a hug. When she gets to Taehyung, he thanks her again, but before she can say goodbye to me, I get up and offer to walk her out.

"You didn't have to walk me out." She says once we're out of earshot from the others.

"I wanted to," I reply, and watch as her mouth curves up into a smile. "Is, uh," I stutter, "Is this the book you were talking about?"

She turns to me, and at once her eyes latch onto the book I'm holding out. "Yes! You, you got it in Korean.?" She says almost as if it's a question she can't believe she's asking.

"It took a while, but I was finally able to get a hold on it."

"But you said that it sounded terrible." she squints in confusion.

"But you said that it was really good." I counter her, and she looks down at her feet for a while. I like it a lot when she does that. When I do something she likes and she looks away as if she needs a second to process it. I also like it when she blushes smushes her red lips together...

"You got that, to read because of me?" she says finally looking back up.

I buy myself a second to look into her eyes that are now searching through mine, as if she could find the answer she's looking for. Her almost pitch black orbs, stare at me and I can't help but feel as though at any moment I could fall through them.

"Yeah." I get out after a good minute. My voice is deeper than usual and I almost don't recognize myself.

Speaking seems to have snapped her thoughts too because she looks away again, and nods. "Let me know what you think, yeah?"

"Even if it's three in the morning?" I can't help but tease. There's just something about her that I just can't let go of.

"It wouldn't be the first time someone has woken me up to talk about a book." She laughs.

I love her laugh.

"Alright, see you tomorrow," I say and hold the door for her.

"See you tomorrow." She waves and I close the door after her.

As I turn back to join my Hyungs I notice Tannie, looking at the door with sad eyes. I scoop him up in my arms and kiss his furry head, "I know. I wish she would stay too."

.

Hello everyone!
Long time to read!!  How's everyone doing?

So funny story... As you may know I was without service or WiFi for a few weeks (mostly) and wasn't able to post, message, etc. and consequently didn't text or type for that time. Soo.... this may sound impossible or overdramatic but I swear it's true! ..... I FORGOT HOW TO TYPE!!! You don't know how many times I've had to use auto correct and fix my spelling! This has never happened to me before but ITS HAPPENING NOW AND IM HAVING A BREAKDOWN!!

I'm sure it'll go away within a few days but, I was already bad at typing but now I can't get two words together! I've had to switch over to voice!!

Anyways 😂

Thank you guys for the 3k!!
I purple you! 💜
-Leia