One hundred-thirteen

AN:

Happy Valentine's Day

This chapter is dedicated to all of you my wonderful, kind, supportive, and loving readers! I couldn't have done it without you. 💜

.

Diana first person POV:

Clutching my necklace in my hand, leaning back into him with my eyes closed, his arms around me from behind, and his face in the crook of my neck, we spend these last few minutes together after regretfully dragging ourselves out of bed to face the day.

Neither of us speaks. Neither of us wants to speak. Neither of us wants to say goodbye.

But as light streams in through the windows and burns over the floor to where we stand, I know that we can't delay this indefinitely. No matter how much we crave it, time will never slow for us. The moment is ending, and then it will be gone.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," he whispers into my hair, and I shut my eyes tight to block out the tears.

"I know," I whisper quietly, "I don't know what to do."

Silence invades us again, and we still in each other's arms, though the more seconds tick by the harder I shake and tremble in his embrace.

"I need you more than I've ever needed anyone in my life." He whimpers into my hair, and I feel a wet droplet fall behind my ear, dripping down over my tattoo in a slow scalding burn.

"I need you too." I cry and let a tear slip out and down my cheek. I'm so tired of crying. I'm so tired of this pain, and it's only just begun. "I don't know what I'll do without you."

"Please come back," he pleads and grips me tighter, holding me securely as if he could keep me here with his arms. "Please come back to me."

"Always," I breathe out and drop my head to his shoulder with an empty thud. Empty, hollow, defeated.

"How long until I can see you again?" he leans his head on mine and presses his nose to my tattoo, causing a soothing fog to flood through my soul and calm me slightly.

I don't know. I don't know when I'm coming back next and for how long I'll stay. That's what hurts the most: not knowing when I'll see him next, not knowing for how long we'll be apart.

I know it's killing him too. Though I can see he's trying his hardest to act alright and respect the time it's going to take me before I can come back to Seoul, just by looking into his eyes I can see how much he's hoping that the second I get back, I'll decide to move here permanently and we can stay as close as we are.

Part of me really wants that too. To stay here with him and be happy together as we have been these past few months. But I just can't. I only intended to stay for a year and now it's time to go back. Not forever though, I might end up moving back here, or coming to stay for a month at a time, since the company has been really supportive and helpful. They even said they'd pay to have me visit as much as we need. But I can tell that no amount of visits is ever going to be enough. Jungkook wants me here, with him. And I want that too, but moving here permanently, leaving everything behind... is just something I can't do yet... not yet...

"I'm trying," I whisper defeatedly. "I'm trying to figure this all out. I don't want to leave, but I have to. And I want to come back, but I don't know when I-" sighing, I close my eyes off from the ceiling above. "I'm sorry."

Feeling Jungkook's hand move, I open my eyes and find him trailing his fingers down to rub the diamond necklace between the pads of his fingers. "Just promise me you will come back," he says softly and kisses my tattoo. "Promise me you'll come back to me."