Chapter Sixteen

LP16

"Dear, wake up. He's going to momentarily." A nurse shook my shoulder and I immediately got up. I moved the couch a little and sat in a chair next to him. He finally opened his eyes and I was so relieved. 

"Shit, love, come here." He hugged me tight and I started crying again. 

"I am so sorry, Tor." He mumbled into my hair. 

"You scared the shit out of me, ya idiot." I mumbled into his shoulder. 

"I don't blame you if you want to leave me." He whispered. I carefully grabbed his face with one hand and made him look at me. 

"I love you more than anything in the world, I'm not going to leave you, especially over something like this that you can't control." I assured him. 

"I love you too." He smiled a little and I kissed him. 

"You guys are so cute." I heard his mum smile. We both gasped and pulled away quickly. 

"Don't worry about it. If it was your father and me in that position I would do the same thing." Karen assured us. 

"Did you call them?" Liam grabbed my hand. 

"Yeah. It was while you were getting tests done and I was doing everything I could think of to keep myself from having a panic attack." I explained. 

"I'm so sorry." He kissed the back of my hand. 

"Don't worry about it, love." I cupped his face with one hand and ran my thumb over his cheek. He put his hand on mine and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb before kissing the palm of my hand. 

"You guys are adorable." Karen smiled. 

"Thanks, Mum." Liam blushed. 

"Mr. Payne, we're going to keep you today and overnight for observation because of what happened, but your fiancée can stay." A nurse walked in and I was relieved. 

"Thank you." We both thanked her and she nodded before walking out. 

"We're gonna go find a hotel quick but we'll be back tomorrow." Karen smiled. Liam looked up at me and I nodded. 

"Mum, you're not staying in a hotel." He shook his head. 

"Why not?" She was confused. 

"You can stay at my place." I told them. 

"Really? I don't want to inconvenience you." She frowned a little. 

"You're not, I promise." I assured her. 

"I'll go with them back to my flat and get them settled in and I'll be right back, okay, love?" I told Liam. 

"Sure." He smiled. He hugged me tight and I smiled. 

"I love you." I kissed his cheek. 

"I love you too." He kissed me. 

"I'll be right back." I pecked his lips and he rubbed my back as I walked away. 

"How far is your flat?" Karen asked once we left Liam's room. 

"A couple blocks. We can walk or if you guys would like we can take a cab." I offered as I pulled my jacket on. 

"We can just walk." Geoff nodded and we began the walk to my flat. 

"Are you happy to be back with Liam?" He asked. 

"So happy. To be honest I've never really been happier." I smiled a little. 

"He hasn't either." Karen smiled a bit too. We talked all the way to my flat and I showed them in.