Chapter 2: Help, I'm scared

Your POV

You see some usual pink Mugunghwas and you start picking a few. (The Mignunghwa is Korea's national flower. Also known as Rose of Sharon. This story also takes places in Korea btw)

You hear heavy metal clanging together. It's the guards of the palace. You clutch the flowers in your hand and run back inside.

"Hey! We have to get out of here! They found us!" You shake your friend. He doesn't respond, sleeping.

"Yah! Wake up, wake up!" You panic. You don't want to lead the guards to him.

"Hey you!" A guard storms in. You take off and run away from your cottage. You have to lead them far away.

"After her!" You hear. You run throughout the forest. They're right on you tail, even if they sound far away.

You see a hill up ahead big enough to hide behind. You do just that.

"Where did she go?" The guards stop.

"Prince Namjoon will not be happy about this."

"So? Lets not waste any more time!" The guards run back in the other direction.

Sitting up, you quietly look from your hiding spot to make sure they're really gone. They are. You can't go back to Hobi. It's too risky to go back. You shall stay here for the rest of today. The guards could have easily taken her as their prisoner.

Time skip to night

It's getting really cold and dark. You're shivering like crazy. You still have the pink flowers with you. It's the only thing left.

There's a low growl and you turn to see a huge wolf, its teeth fully bared.

You scream as it pounces, pinning you down.

"Get off!" You cry.

Three more wolves come running. It's a pack of hungry wolves.

"Help!"

They howl in response to your screaming. You hear the sound of a sword being taken out and see a dark, tall figure emerge from the shadows. His hair is dark and beautiful. You notice he has cute little dimples. He lets out a scream at the wolves who quickly run from him. He chases after them and kills them one by one with his drawn sword. They whimper, the ones still alive running away. You don't say anything, too shocked.

The stranger walks toward you, his sword still drawn. That's it, you're going to die, you think.

Instead, he puts his sword away and offers you his large hand. You look up at him and slowly take it. It's warm. He helps you get back up on your feet.

"Who are you?" You ask him, still somewhat scared.

"Come on." He says simply. "Let's get your somewhere safe."

"W where are you taking me?"

"Back to my place." He smiles. "Here drink this. You must be thirsty." He offers you a unfamiliar bottle of liquid. Not thinking straight, you drink it, thirsty. It's not long before you start to feel sleepy.