Chapter 11: Butterflies

The pictures and video are not mine! They belong to their rightful owners!

Hobi's POV (Flashback)

It's morning and I wake up in the old barn, stretching. I turn to see that Y/N is gone. Oh no, she was probably captured by that horrible prince! Where else could she have gone?! Now she'll never know I thought of her as more than a friend. I have to get her back. I run back into the village. By then, people are cleaning up the mess from before when the guards came, but they seem to be holding up okay. Jimin and Taehyung walk up to me. It looks like Jimin had been crying the day before.

"We thought you died." He hugs me. I hug back.

"I was hiding with Y/N but now she's gone. That's not like her to just leave." I explain. "Who do you think took her?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

Instead of answering, Tae looks in the direction of the palace in the far distance.

End of flashback

Hobi's POV (still)

It's been weeks and there's no sign of Y/N.

"Please Taehyung!" I cry.

"I can't, I'm sorry. Do you even know anything about horses?"

"You ride them right?"

Tae rolls his eyes. What if the prince doesn't have her?"

"Where else could she have gone? Mars? I have to find her."

"I I'm so sorry Hobi. But I can't let you ride Jasmine. If anything happened you her, I'd be devastated. You have to understand, she's my last horse. And she belonged to my parents."

"I understand." Hobi walks away, back to the main village.

Your POV

You and Namjoon are having breakfast together. You sit there silently, remembering....

Flashback

You and Hoseok, Jungkook and Tae were all friends ever since you were little. However, Hoseok and you were very close.

You all chased after butterflies together in the meadow feeling so free.

"It's getting away!" You say.

The boys run after it as you run out of breath.

You hear Hoseok scream suddenly.

"What?" You ask.

"Did you catch it?" Jungkook asks, excitedly.

"Help!" Hoseok screams.

You, Kook and Taehyung run to see what was wrong.

The blue butterfly is on Hobi's tushy. He spins around in circles, trying to get it off.

"You found it!" Taehyung and you laugh while Jungkook tries to get it off. It eventually flies away and the four of you watch it.

End of flashback

Your POV

You snap back to reality. Namjoon has already finished eating.

"You seem quiet today." He smirks.

You blush, realizing it yourself. "Sorry. I'm just thinking."

"About me?" He smiles.

"In your dreams." You smile back.

"Why don't you like me?" He looks sad.

"What do you..."

"Don't lie Y/N. I know you despise me."

"Namjoon, what are you talking about? I don't hate you."

He nods before walking away, his cloak trailing behind him. You feel bad for him now. Wait for real? You feel bad for this prince who kills innocent people? You're starting to warm up to him and it sickens you.

Something catches you eye and you notice a white butterfly flying. You put your finger out and it lands for a minute. You stare at it in awe. You've never seen a white one before. It flies off, going down the hallway. You chase after it, feeling like a child again. As you keep chasing it, you start laughing. You pass by Jin and Suga who look confused to why you were having so much fun. It leads you outside where you see a huge, beautiful garden. You step out and you feel the texture of the green grass on your feet.

There's a large fountain in the center and there sits Namjoon. The butterfly lands on one of the nearby roses. You walk over, sitting next to him by the fountain. He sees you but he doesn't say anything.

"I come here when I'm sad or lonely." He finally says.

"It's beautiful." You look at all the flowers.

Namjoon looks at the ground, twiddling with his fingers. He looks nervous.

You surprise him by cuddling into his chest. He smiles, draping an arm around you.

"All these flowers are very special to me." He gets up, picking one of the blood red roses. He gives it to you. You don't know why but you feel safe around him.

"T thank you." You say. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings before. I didn't mean to."

"Don't apologize, I just wish you didn't hate me as..."

You surprise him by pecking him softly on the cheek. His eyes go wide, unsure of if you did what he thought you did.

"N Namjoon?" You get worried. It seemed like the only way to cheer him up.

You see him smile, his dimples showing. He leans in, kissing your lips softly. You start to kiss back.

You stay out in the garden with Namjoon, talking to him about how growing up, you always wanted to be with a prince. Namjoon tells you as a child, he felt alone. The king and queen had no time for him.

"Namjoon, why did you save me that night?" You ask.

He strokes your h/c, h/l hair softly. "You looked scared and like you needed someone."

At night time, you fall asleep instantly in Namjoon's bed. He tucks you in, sitting next to you, gently stroking your cheek. The rose he gave you is on the nightstand next to you. He sighs, getting up and leaving the room, quietly closing the door.

He's met with his guards. "My prince, they're ready for you." Yoongi bows. Namjoon throws his cloak behind him and walks past them. His  dragon like eyes glow.