Chapter 21: Namjoon's backstory

Music isn't mine! Also I wanted to use the song I Have Time from that Burrito episode of We Bare Bears. Sorry I changed it again 🙃 The first time I watched it, I cried so much. If you decide to watch that specific episode, make sure you have tissues! 🥺

Warning: Once again, this will be dark and sad. Sorry for doing this to you guys 🥲

"Namjoon, you can't go outside. You could be seen." His new caregiver tells him.

"Why? Why do I have to stay inside all the time?" He gets upset.

"Namjoon, you are next in line for the throne. Your parents were going to rule over this castle when they had the chance. But it wasn't the right time yet. So they waited. They used to rule in secret back in the day. You are the last heir of your kind. And if anything were to happen to you, everything would be ruined."

"They don't like me?"

"They're afraid of dragons. They could kill you."

"I'm not afraid of them. I could kill them." He lets out a small puff of smoke. He's still practicing.

"Namjoon, you must be careful."

"I will."

The next day, the little dragon is looking out the window from his bedroom. He notices a little girl playing by herself. She laughs, running around. Free. Why couldn't he be playing with her? He thinks to himself. She's beautiful. She has h/c, h/l hair and a white dress. Namjoon notices himself purring slightly just looking at her. Even if he could go outside, he knows that he cannot play with her. She'd be afraid of him. His appearance is rather intimidating. He has a forked tongue, fangs, along with a few scales on his neck and shoulders. Not to mention, his black horns resting on his head. People in the village fear dragons. They don't know that dragons still lived among them. It was a secret that the royal family was made up of dragons for centuries. Namjoon is basically the last of his kind.

The girl finally notices him in the window and smiles, waving. Namjoon's heart beats fast. He smiles back at her.

"Kim Namjoon!" The woman screams, opening the door.

The dragon turns his head towards her, scared. He notices that the girl outside is gone.

"You know you're not supposed to look out the window! Someone could see you!" She quickly closes the blinds in his face. She then slaps him hardly on the face, leaving a red mark. He shakes in fear.

"Come." She grabs his hand and leads him downstairs to the cold basement. "You'll stay here until tomorrow." She says firmly.

"No, please don't!" He cries. The basement has no windows. Its dark and creepy. The only things in the basement are old furniture.

"This is for your own good."

"I didn't even go outside! I was only looking at the girl!"

"Who? What girl?!" She demands.

"The pretty girl in the white dress. She was playing outside in the fields. "She waved to me."

"She saw you?! I cannot believe you Kim Namjoon! Do you know what this means? She could kill you now!"

"No she wouldn't! She was nice!" He bares his fangs.

"You little ungrateful child!" She pushes him to the ground. She leaves him there, slamming the door.

It's only been thirteen minutes and Namjoon has gone crazy being all alone in the dark room. He goes on a rampage, throwing or destroying anything he could get his hands on. He throws a wooden crate against the wall and throws a chair. Once everything is destroyed, he curls up into a little ball and cries. If only that girl was here to comfort him.

The next morning, Ms. Yoo opens the door to find Namjoon glaring at her.

"Have you learned your lesson?" She asks him.

He huffs, turning his back to her.

"What's all this mess? Did you do all this?!" She looks shocked. He nods proudly.

"Namjoon what am I going to do with you?" She sighs. "I can't ever keep you under control. I don't know what else to do. It seems like every punishment I give you, only makes you act worse."

Even though she was harsh on him, Ms. Yoo was only trying to protect him. She was asked to look over the baby dragon if anything were to happen to his parents.

Ms. Yoo homeschools him. And she's very strict about it. If he makes one mistake, she slaps him on the head with a book. One day, he just snaps and bites her. She only laughs and says what a feisty little thing he is.

On the night both of his parents died, was when a hunter killed them both.

He hated humans with a burning passion from that day forward. Except for Ms. Yoo. He trusted her.