Chapter 7: Caught?

Your POV

The door or the palace dungeon always caught your eye. Something about it was eerie. Namjoon forbade you from stepping foot inside. Only he and his guards were allowed in.

You and Hobi have heard legends and stories from villagers back when your life was somewhat normal. They said that the painful groaning and crying could be heard from miles away. People got tied up, their wrists and legs. They couldn't move so they would die in place. After, Namjoon would order them to be beheaded and would put the heads in his "trophy" room. Or, he would put their heads in crates and send them to an enemy as a warning. It made you fear for your life.

You have a nightmare about Namjoon that night. It's dark and there's shadows all around the palace walls. Wolves howl from outside. You open the door to the dungeon, walking down the ancient, stone stairs. As soon as you reach the bottom, you feel two large hands on your back. You turn to see the prince, his entire face covered in blood. He grins evilly, his dark eyes staring.

"N Namjoon!" You shake with fear.

"Princess... you should be asleep." He coos, stroking your hair softly with his hands drenched in blood. It gets in your h/l, h/c hair.

You can't stop shaking.

"Aw, you're cold." He wraps his long, dark cloak around you.

"N Namjoon, why are you doing this?"

"It cannot he helped princess. Aren't you proud of me? Don't you like my presents?" He asks.

You're eyes widen and you look at the ground to see you're surrounded by dead bodies. You scream, burying yourself in Namjoon's cloak since it's the only place to hide.

He chuckles, amused. "I knew you'd love it."

You suddenly jolt up. You turn to see Namjoon sleeping next to you in bed. It was a nightmare. This isn't the first nightmare you've had of the prince. You shake the prince softly. He continues to sleep soundly. Yep, he's out like a fricking light. His arms are wrapped around you. You slowly get out of Namjoon's grasp. He turns slightly, whimpering as soon as you do.

"Sorry, but I have to know what's down there." You place your pillow in his arms to take your place. You sneak out of the room, walking through the castle. When you hesitantly open the door to the dungeon, you smell rats and feces. Doesn't anyone ever clean this place? Are there really any rats here?

"Damn..." You close the door. You just can't do this. You'll have to do it another time.

When you go back to the bedroom, Namjoon is sitting on the bed in the dark. He looks at you.

"Namjoon! You scared me." You say.

He gets up, walking towards you. You can still make out his features in the darkness. "Where were you just now?" He crosses his arms.

"I was... I was..."

"I'm waiting..." He growls, getting impatient.

"I was getting some water from the kitchen."

"Why was there a pillow in my arms when I woke up? Were you trying to trick me?" He looks upset.

"No, like I said, I was thirsty."

"You didn't have to leave. The bed is cold without you." He pouts.

"Sorry, I'll wake you up next time." You say.

He still looks skeptical, however, he doesn't say anything else.

For the rest of the night, Namjoon keeps you extra close to him. Tears start to form in your eyes. You miss your little ball of sunshine. Does he even know where you are? You doubt it.