Where is she?

"She never attends to any gathering at Vincenzo's place," Pace grumbled furiously, showing that the three of them still detest Rita.

"That's it, and the only reason she'll come is because," Francesco said. Pace was the first to glance at me and smirked, Francesco followed, and Alice was the last to react.

"Because of Luna," they all said at the same time.

"It's clear you two are meant to be together," Alice stated. "And Vince has no time for her anymore."

He takes you up from work every day and he told me  he's become your personal driver, and he barely sees Rita," Francesco said, grabbing my hands and holding them tightly.

"Don't get us wrong, Luna; we're not complaining."

"Exactly, I'm glad it's you." I sat there confused, since Vince and I haven't spoken anything connected to this, and I don't believe he feels the same way I do about him.

"This is a mistake, guys," I said, "Vince and I are just friends."

"I don't believe so; have you noticed how he looks at you?" Alice mused.

"Or how eager he is to pick her up from work." Pace rose up and proceeded to the office bar to refill his glass for the sixth time since we entered Vince's office, Pace remarked.

"Are you attempting to make yourself intoxicated, Pace?" Alice exclaimed. I had thought I was the only one who had noticed.

" Pace, you've had your enough for the night."Pace raised his hand as Francisco rose up to approach him.

"Don't come closer, I am still very much alive."

"No, because of Bella, you are not going to drink yourself to a coma or unconsciousness. What is wrong with the guys in my life, first Vincenzo is blind enough to realize he is in a toxic relationship, and now you Pace," Alice exclaimed bitterly as she rose up and walked towards him.

"Hey, what of me --" Francisco joked, and Alice quickly silenced him.

" Not now Francis," she said as she walked up to pace and took the wine cup from him. I was expecting Pace to refuse it, but he handed it to her without hesitation. "Now listen to me Pace, you are going to stop whatever you think you are doing to yourself," she said as she dropped the wine cup on the bar table and held his chin.

"I know she's the only woman you've ever loved, and you're still in love with her, but you should give her some space and tell her to be" Pace was standing there shaking his head. I've never seen Pace like this before.

Pace spoke slowly, his voice breaking as he spoke. "You won't understand Alice," he said. "Neither you nor Francisco, nor even my best friend Vincenzo will understand," he said as tears welled up in his eyes, and he attempted to turn aside. When Alice noticed Pace was in tears, she drew him in for an embrace.

"Shh, Pace," she whispered as she held him, and I glanced around to see Francisco's sad expression as he gazed down.

I like how the four of them, especially Alice, are always worried about each other.

"Hey, Francisco," Alice said, "you need to drop him home, he's not fit to be at this party tonight."

"Who's going home?" Vince asked as he walked into his office. I was expecting Rita to walk in, but she did.

" Where is she? " Alice brushed off his question.

"She left"

"Good, she left as I expected, and to answer your question, Luna is staying back," she said as she walked up to her bag and picked it up. "Pace, Francisco and I are leaving," she said as she walked up to her bag and picked it up.