Papá did you change the villa?

Luna Orlando

As soon as I arrived at JFK International Airport. I removed my airline ticket as well as my passport from the bag.

I went to a Transportation security officer to have my boarding card, ticket, ID, and passport inspected for security purposes.

"Miss Orlando," he says as he straightens up and picks up the phone, saying, "she is here."

Why is he making this homecoming such a big deal? I should have known my father would find his way. I recall our discussion two days ago, when I informed him that I would be arriving in Italy and that he should prepare a flat for me. He declined.

He informed me that a plane would be waiting for me at the airport; I informed him that I had already purchased my ticket; after a 20-minute argument, he informed me that I may follow the airline.

"Miss Orlando, An air hostess will attend to you shortly," he says as he stamps my passport and hands it to me. "Here she is," he says as he points to the air hostess who strolled up to us.

"Miss Orlando Good evening, my name is Fiona, and I'm here to escort you to the plane,"  she said."

"I can walk there myself," I retorted.

"It's an airline order, Miss, and we like to make our passengers as comfortable as possible."

"Who gave the order?" Even if I knew who was behind it, I questioned her.

"Miss Orlando, Mr Orlando gave the order."
I knew it

"The flight is in an hour, Fiona, and I'd love to wait at the airline lounge before boarding."

"OK, no problem Miss Orlando, I'll escort you  to the lounge"

I was exhausted by the time I arrived at MXP (Milan Malpensa Airport).I was surprised to see my father at the airport with flowers and a cardboard with the words "welcome home Luna" written on it, and I believe his secretary was the same secretary who came to my charity organization's launch when I was 17 years old. His secretary is holding another piece of cardboard with the words "we love you Luna" written on it.

He signaled to some men who went to get my luggage in the trolleys and rolled it out of the airport as soon as he saw me heading down to him. They have to be bodyguards.

"Hey stranger," I said as I reached him and gave him a hug, which he quickly responded.

"Luna"

"She didn't show up?"

Father responded, "She is busy Luna," without questioning who I was referring to.

I let out a sigh."Dad, please don't make excuses for her."

"I'm not making any excuses, Luna; your mother is overseas."

"Better."Thank God, before she returns, my father and I may have this wonderful time.

"Why don't we take this discussion home," he said before signaling his secretary and the men to start moving.

"Yes, and we'll discuss about Mln Airlines as well."

The car parked at a roundabout with a massive fountain in the centre, swept around it, and went up to a gorgeous mansion. I stepped out of the car and stood in front of the unusual house; it was not the house I had imagined in my head. It was entirely different. The mansion is  long and narrow. It is 5 stories high and has a story extension at the rear of a room. A big rose garden is planted in front of the story extension. There are at least 70 windows in the five floor facing the drive way .