Where was mommy all these time?

The next morning, I was startled awake by a loud noise, which I initially mistook for noise from the television because I had slept quite late the night before. Last night, I was watching Gomorra, one of my favorite TV shows. I managed to dodge Papá yesterday night when I returned from work, although Veronica's claim that he had gone to bed long before I arrived.

I got out of bed and strolled down the hall, taking the elevator to the top floor. The noise grew louder as I stepped off the elevator. I noticed Veronica standing near the stairway. She ran to meet me as soon as she spotted me, and when I asked what was happening, she pointed to the living room, looking worried.

When I entered the living room, I saw mother tugging Rachel's hair while Rachel stood there and let mother do it. "Why is Rachel so sluggish, and why is she letting mother do this to her?" was the only thought that came to mind.

When Rachel looked up at me, I saw the humiliation in her eyes, as well as the tears that threatened to drop. She gave me the same look every time I confronted her or called him a home wrecker.

Mother turned to face me, and I expected her to stop when she saw me, but she didn't; she kept making a fool of herself. As I approached them, I yanked mother's hands away from Rachel's hair.

" What is going on here"  I shouted

"Did you see the photographs on the internet? She humiliated me, and I'm here to show her that you can't disgrace me and expect me to go away quietly."

"Oh the photographs, I'm stunned to see you respond this way, oh I forgot Mother, Father picked Rachel over and you need to get over it," I said with a smile.

" She needs to stay away from my husband"

"Mother, your soon-to-be ex-husband. Father is not something for which you can fight, and I believe you have lost your right to fight over Papá. You're the one that slept in your Matrimonial bed with a bodyguard, and Rachel here makes Father happy."

" Shut up Luna," she said, and I smiled as I moved up to her and began assisting her in placing her outfit altogether; once i was done, I took up her handbag and handed it to her.

"Now, listen up, mother: you are not going to come down to this mansion and disrupt their daily activities as if you own it. Sign the papers and leave Rachel and Father alone. You took my father's love for you for granted, and now that he's found love again, you don't want him and his partner to be together."

" It is all her fault"

"No, Mother, it's your fault; you're the one who cheated on Father," I said as I pushed her to the door. She took my hand away and moved closer to Rachel. She approached her as if she was about to hit her. She pointed at her and then she said

"I'll never sign those papers, and you'll never be an Orlando, let alone a Mrs. Orlando. That child would never be allowed to enter this house "I was already becoming disgusted by Mother's behavior. I went closer to them again, yanking mother's hand away from her and dragging her to the door.

"You won't do to Loretta what you did to me; Loretta will move into this mansion and live with her Mother and Papá."

"That's going to be awful publicity for me," Mother exclaimed.

"That's why Loretta will be moving in soon." Then I turned to Rachel and said, "You Rachel, make sure the paparazzi see a lot of images to capture so the media has much to write about the next time you travel with Papá."
Rachel was simply standing there, and I couldn't help but smile because I'm sure she hadn't expected such a statement from me.

"Don't let mother treat you like that, Rachel; for all I care, she's the legal wife, but she has no authority in this house."

"Luna," she murmured, and I shook my head, preventing her from saying anything.