Todoroki x reader: My Hero Academia

Tears streamed down your face. They were slow streams that dripped down your cheeks. You held them back for as long as possible. You were strong, but there was only so much you could take. 

A kid ran past you and you smiled slightly. One more was let free. There was only a few more children in the open area where you stood. 

During your patrol a villain broke into a school and held 100 kids captive. The villain demanded a large sum of money from a nearby bank. You were the nearest hero on patrol. You were never that popular as a hero due to your basic quirk, but you did everything you could and eventually got into UA and even graduated in the top hero class. That's where you met your husband. The memories of your school days were surfacing during this whole thing. 

"C'mon just a few more" The gun went off at the sound of your voice. News stations and hundreds of parents with their children crowded the school. You stood in front of the doors with your hands stuck to your sides. Blood pooled on your hero suit and dripped into the puddle that was getting bigger every second. Another kid ran past you and into the arms of their parents. 

There was a large crowd of reporters and other heroes, but they couldn't do anything but watch. You searched the crowd for your husband. 

"Two more shot Bahaha" The villain laughed. You were trying to save the kids and made a deal with the villain. For every bullet you could take, one kid would be let free from the hostage situation. 

Another bullet met your body and you clenched your teeth to hold back the sobs. 

"(Y/N)!" Todoroki yelled. Your eyes met your husbands and you smiled softly. Todoroki's expression was twisted on concern and horror. It was an expression of helplessness that you had never seen before on a hero. 

"Before you shoot the last shot, can I say my peace?" You asked the villain. He smirked knowing this was the end for you and nodded. All of your classmates were on the crowd of heroes. Including Deku and Ground Zero, the number one hero duo. You turned to the heroes and addressed them. 

"To all of my classmates, I wanted to say i'm so proud of you all. We watched each other grow and you guys have come so far from where we started. Keep helping people and don't join me too soon." You then looked at the cameras.

"To all the citizens out there watching this. Do not despair. I was never a popular hero but it was an honor to be able to help you all. You may not care about me, but those of you who blessed me with their support, don't feel sad. This is the life of a hero." You inhaled a shaky breath and continued. 

"Erasure Head, All Might. I don't know where you guys are, or of you'll ever see this, but you guys were a large part of the success I have now. You both gave me everything you had when I was in school and I'm grateful for everything you have given me" Once again you looked back at the heroes. At you husband to be specific. 

"Shoto. I know you've had a hard life, but don't let this get in the way of how far you've come. Let others help you, and I love you" You looked back at the kidnapper and nodded. He smiled and let the last shot hit you. He used his quirk to disappear and Shoto ran up to you. He grabbed your body as it fell and rested your head in his lap. 

Tears streamed down his handsome face. You're eyes softened and you grabbed a strand of his long hair then moved your hand to his scarred cheek. 

"Sho" Your hand fell from his cheek. He gripped it to his face and brought your forehead to his. 

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)! No! Come pace to me! Please!" Todoroki cried over your body. Medics arrived and ripped Todoroki away from your body. They touched your wrist and sat there for a second before one of the medics turns to another and shook his head. 

One of the news reporters spoke of your bravery. 

"I can't believe they lasted that long. Getting shot 100 times and standing through it all is no small feat. Today we have lost a hero that never seemed to get enough credit in their life. They just saved 100 children, kept together 100 families, and prevented 100 tragedies. We owe our lives to (Hero name)" Todoroki couldn't agree more. 

You may have prevented 100 tragedies, but your life was what they took instead. A angelic like person was taken from the world that day. Todoroki laid a hand on your stomach and cried. 

The reporters swarmed the number two hero and asked his questions, but all he could say before he walked away was one thing. 

"They were pregnant"

(I believe that in the MHA world there would be a quirk that allowed men to have kids. So I really don't see that as a gender factor in this case. If any of you do, I'm sorry for dictating a gender"