Killua x reader: Hunter X Hunter

It was storming that night. The clouds blanketed the sky as heavy rain fell from them. There was thunder every now and then, but it was more of a tame storm. Killua and you were in the same hotel room, while Gon slept with Kurapika and Leorio in another. Killua was comfortable sleeping with you, becasue for some reason when he sleeps next to you his nightmares never seem as bad. He has pleasant dreams when he's next to you; Something that doesn't happem very often. 

His childhood plagues him. The people he's killed live in his head. Scenes replay and replay in his mind. 

The two of you were asleep on the same bed. However, you woke up to the feeling of movement from beside you. It was Killua. He was tossing and turning in his sleep. He must behaving a nightmare, you thought. 

From beside him, you sat up and rested your hands on his chest to try and calm him down. He stopped moving for a few minutes and you removed your hands, but he still looked like he was in pain. You took a deep breath and this time you put your hands on his head. 

You allowed nen to seep out of your body and into Killua's. As you did this he began to relax his tense body until he was sleeping peacefully. You took a deep breath and tried to go back to sleep. As you laid there you looked at your hands. 

Your nen was a specialization type. It was very useful in fighting, but you could heal people very well. One of your abilities that no one knew about was that you could 'steal' peoples dreams. When you allow your nen to come in contact with another's while they're sleeping you can reach into their unconscious mind and see their dream. You can then remove it carefully, almost like you're doing surgery on the mind. Once it's removed it needs to be place somewhere else. For this part you do the same thing to yourself. You remove your dreams and put them into Killua while you put his into your mind. 

You've been doing this since you first woke up to him having a bad dream. He was sweating and his brows were tightly furrowed. His body was tense and he couldn't seem to stay still. You remember that night vividly. That was the first time you ever experienced Killua's dreams. 

That night you dreamt of murder. You dreamt of taking innocent life and it was then that you were able to understand his inner turmoil. 

That night you had a terrible dream of Killua going out of control. He didn't have command over his body. His vision went hazy and his body moved on it's own. It started with him walking up to Leorio and Kurapika. He stands there as they as of he's okay. He then sharpens his hand and stabs it through Kurapika's heart. The blondes eyes go wind in horror and Kurapika  curses Killua as he dies in his hands. 

Next was Lerorio. With his hand again, he made a clean slice and Leorio's head rolls off of his body and to the ground. Killua looks down at his blood stained hands yelling at himself from inside his head. His mouth won't move. His body won't listen to him as he walked up to Gon next. He was fishing by himself. Gon put up a fight at first, but he was confused. He yelled at Killua to come back to him and did everything he could for Killua before the white haired boy grabbed his throat and held him up in the air as he kicked and tried to scream. The boy soom lost the life in his eyes. Killua choked him for a bit longer until his lifeless body dropped to the ground. 

You were the only one let. He walked up to you and it was obvious you didn't suspect anything was wrong. You sauntered up to him and hugged him, but he didn't hug back. As you held onto him he raised his sharpened hand  and stabbed it through your back. Your arms tightened around him before you began letting go. You felt how his blood ran cold and his screams were heartbreaking to you. All you did was smile at him as you fell. 

"I knew this would happen someday. I just didn't think it would be so soon" You choked out. As you fell tot he ground and bled out he got control over his body again. He knelt to your side and put pressure on the whole in your body, but it was no use. You were already dead. 

"I didn't mean to. I swear!" He yelled to your dead body. Tears leaked from his eyes and he grabbed your body and hugged your corpse. 

"No! Don't leave me! I'm sorry!" Killua cried. Tears leaked from his eyes as he remembered the feeling of killing his friends. 

You sat up with a start out of bed. You panted as tears fell from your eyes. What a horrible dream. How could Killua even think that he could hurt any of you. You knew he would never do such a thing. 

Sunshine bled through the curtains telling you it was morning already. Killua wasn't in bed next to you. That could only mean he's with Gon. You quickly stormed across the hall and busted open Gon's door. All of the boys looked at you in shock. 

"Good morning (y/n)" Gon greeted. You ignored him and marched into the room. You grabbed Killua's wrist without saying anything and dragged him back to your room. You threw him on the room and slammed the door. After standing there for a second you advanced on Killua. He was confused, but stood there in a cool fashion. 

You raised your hand and slapped him. He held his cheek and looked shocked. Then you wrapped your arms around him. 

"You would never do such a thing, I know you would never hurt us" You told him. Killua looked down at you in confusion. 

"How did you know that?" He asked. You stepped away and looked away from Killua like you did something bad. 

"I can 'steal' peoples dreams. I pretty much switch our dreams ever night now" You told him. Killua just stood there looking down. 

"Is that why-" He starts and you nod your head. 

"You dream about what I think of, while I dream your dreams. I hated seeing you have nightmares every night. I couldn't help myself" You explain. Killua remained silent.

"You have such terrible dreams. I just want you to be able to sleep in peace, but I can't take it anymore. I know you come from an assassin family, and that whole thing that happened at the hunter exam messed with you, but I know you would never hurt any of us. All of us know that. W trust you. You're our friend" You tell him. Killua just stands there silently. A deep breath enters your lungs and suddenly you think that maybe you shouldn't have said anything. 

"You don't need to do that anymore. I don't need your dreams. This is my problem" He tells you. Dejection fills your body and you realize that maybe telling Killua wasn't a good idea. Now you can't held him anymore. 

"Thanks though, and I know you guys trust me, okay?" You nod at Killua's words. 

From then on Killua didn't have bad dreams every night. He still has them, but you make sure to let him rough them out. He knows they trust him, and that's all he needs