Chapter 9

Olivias Pov

I wake up and everything looks fuzzy. At first I can't remember where I am but then I remember the basement. This time when I try to move and scream I'm able to. I scream out for help and try to blink the fuzziness out of my eyes.

"Liv, hey. It's okay. I'm here and you're safe now." I hear a voice that I know but I can't remember who it belongs to. Whoever it is calms me down though. "You're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Water?" I choke out. My throat feels very dry. How am I here? Did someone finally find me? I thought I was going to die.

"Here you go." The guy handed me the water but my fingers wouldn't grip around it and I dropped it all over myself. "Oh god Liv. Let me clean that up and get you another one." He walked away but came back over a minute later with a new cup. This time he held it and let me sip through a straw. My throat felt so much better.

"Thanks."

"How are you feeling? Do I need to get the nurse?" He asks.

"I feel sore and my body feels like it's being weighed down. No nurse." He looks at me for a while before nodding and sitting next to me. "Um not to be mean but who are you?" I ask him and hurt floods his face.

"I'm your boyfriend, Blake. I've known you since you were born and I live at your house." He says and I instantly feel bad for not remembering him. I try to rack my brain but everything is blank.

"I'm sorry Blake." I tell him. I want to remember him. He looks so hurt that I can't remember him.

"It's okay. You need to rest and I'm going to get the doctor." He got up and left the room. I laid back and tried to remember. I had a bunch of unclear spots.

"Hey Olivia. How are you feeling?" The doctor and Blake came in.

"My body hurts. Why can't I remember stuff?"

"I'll get you some antibiotics. You can't remember some things because of the head trauma. The back of your head was slammed into the wall more than once causing your brain to basically be shooken up. It should only be short term and eventually you will remember everything again."

"Can I go home?" I ask. I want to be back in my bed.

"I need to run a few tests and monitor you for a couple days and then you can go home if everything is normal." The doctor said and then another boy came through the door.

"Liv, hey. I came as soon as I could." The boy said and rushed to my side. I know I knew him but I couldn't place a name. I just stared at him hoping he would say his name. I didn't want to ask and hurt him too.

"She has some memory loss. I don't know if she knows who you are." Blake told him. He looked at me and frowned.

"I'm your brother." He said. Ah right, I have a brother.

"Do you know your brothers name?" The doctor asked me. I thought as hard as I could but no name would come to me.

"Umm I remember his voice but I can't really remember anything else." I say and feel bad for not knowing my own brothers name.

"That's okay. Over the next few hours you should start regaining some memory." The doctor told me. There was a knock on the door and a police officer came in.

"We were told that the victim is awake. We need to ask questions and find out exactly what happened so we can put the guys in prison."

"She's awake but having some trouble with her memory. I'm not sure that it's a good time to be asking questions." The doctor told him but I remember everything that happened when I went for the run. Every single detail.