Chapter 20

Ang POV

I fixed my dress and my sun glasses.

I can't believe I am even going to his funeral right now. My dad was a really good man. Great father to me and Rae. He took her in as his own. My mom was always so jealous of our relationship. My dad was my bestfriend! How? Why?

He wasn't even in the bed with the lady he was on the couch they were talking. The lady said she was a therapist and he was seeing what was he not doing to make my mom happy. He had been seeing a therapist for a minute he told me but I never asked to many questions. So I didn't know it was a girl which it shouldn't have mattered. She said my mom ran in and my dad grabbed his gun and aimed it but when he realized it was my mom he put it in the table and tried to calm her down and tell her it wasn't what she thought it was and she picked up the gun and my dad stood in front of the lady and she heard the bang and my dads body dropped and my mom drop the gun and was crying and yelling for him to stay woke and how she didn't mean to pull the trigger.

Bryan helped me into the car. I never thought I would be 8 months pregnant without my dad. I just can't believe this happened to me. He was my fixer upper. He was my hero. If nobody could fix my problems he could with a conversation and a hug. He was literally my everything. I love my favorite person.

We pulled up to my grandparents house because they want us to ride in the limos but my dad always protected me from this area but I couldn't just not tell them or invite them.

I hoped out and saw Rae and them.

"Hey." She hugged me and I hugged everybody.

"Look at you just growing and glowing." My grandma walked up and I hugged her. "I know he is so proud of you, just so beautiful. He always sent us pictures and long paragraphs to go with them pictures." We laughed.

"I know I used to tell him nobody ain't reading all that but he was like if they don't they missing out." I smiled at the thought of my dads laugh.

"I read every last one." She smiled.

"Hey baby girl." My uncle walked up and he looked just like my dad like just like him it was scary they had the same voice and everything my dad vice was just really deeper like their voices were like deepppp.

"Hey uncle Eddie." I hugged him.

"You look just like him man..." he sighed and his eyes got glossy. "I am really gonna miss him man." He hugged me again and I took on his emotions and he started crying.

"Hey hey." My grandma pulled him.

"I told him just leave her alone. I want my brother man!" He yelled. "They took my bestfriend away! Why?!" I cried softly.

I know exactly how he felt.

Even with the career he had my dad was a great great guy. He never killed any women children. He was always the peace maker like he gave everybody 4 chances plus. He was never crazy but he did what he had to do. He used to say he was so sane he gave my mom a demon seed. He used to say I was he evil twin.

"We got this." Rae hugged me.

Rae and my dad were never close and he always made sure she had everything I had. She just didn't like him for whatever reason. I remember asking her was he touching her or something because she hated him so much and she said he would never. So it always confused me but come to find out my mom used to fill her head with bullshit and she just went off what my mom said but my dad never lost love for her and she eventually learned to love him.

"What up Mini?" I heard Bryan's dad and I hugged him. "How you been?"

"I have been okay, thanks to Rem." Bryan laughed and hugged his dad.

"What's up pops?"

"Shit nothing. I missed you boy." He hugged him again. "I missed you man." They hug eachother for a minute.

"I love you too pops." Bryan mumbled. "I know man I know. He gotchu. He loved you too. We gone figure it out I gotchu."

They pulled away and his dad wiped his face.

I never saw boss man cry.

"Your dad was a good nigga." I nodded. "He love you so much so much. He gave me some shit to give you if something happened to him. He love you so much babygirl and he always told me to take care of you and to constantly let you know you are beautiful and you are the best thing that ever happened to him and he loves you so much and he is so proud of you and your represent him well and you are proof he did an amazing job. He talk about you no stop like non stop I used to be like so we ain't gone shot this bitch because you got a daughter." I laughed. "We couldn't even punch a bitch in the face like he used to be like I wouldn't want nobody punching my daughter so do that shit on you own time." He mocked him and I laughed.

"Yes he used to be like boy you touch my daughter I'm shoot your house up. I was like they are just alike. That is the only nigga I was scared of."

"Yes that nigga was the definition of a girl dad like my daughter would like that or she would hate me if I did this. I can do that I have a daughter that look up to me." Boss man laughed. "That was my brother my favorite person my bestfriend. So you know I got you anything you and my son need I got y'all just call me." He smiled and rubbed my shoulder and pulled me into enough hug.

***

We pulled up to the funeral home and it finally hit me this is the last time I see my dad and he is not going be smiling or laughing. He is gonna be gone already. He is gone.

I the first inline to go into the funeral home and I saw him. I already saw him I had to get him dressed and pick out his clothes. I walked up to his coffin and he was so hard and cold this wasn't him. It couldn't be.

I sat down in the front row and watched everybody pay there respects.
I watched everybody cry and I still couldn't believe it.

***

We was at his burial site and everybody said their last good byes and walked away. It was just me and Bryan.

"Bye daddy." I place the flower on his casket and they started to lower it.

I just want him to wake up like knock on the roof so we could help you out. Please.

"Dad! Please wake up! Wait just wait he is gonna wake up!" I yelled and Bryan grabbed me.

I want my dad.

The lower the casket and it didn't move it did shake it didn't open.

He was gone.