3.7

The next day while walking to breakfast Kat was interrogating me about Draco, "Did something happen between you two? Does he like you? When will you tell Georgina? What about George?" I gave mostly one worded answers but after at least ten I snapped, "God Kat give it a rest, I'm not gonna let anything happen between us." With that type of response she knew not to push it any further and we walked to breakfast. Pansy was coddling Draco, "How is it, Draco?" simpered Pansy Parkinson. "Does it hurt much?" "Yeah," said Malfoy, putting on a brave sort of grimace. But he winked at Crabbe andGoyle when Pansy had looked away. "You know Draco faking an injury isn't the best way to pick up girls," Kat said to an obvious attention seeking Draco.  I laughed and took a seat in between Kat and Daphne Greengrass. "Hey Amelia I heard some fourth year Gryffindors gossiping about you and that Wesley twin." I saw Draco perk up from the corner of my vision, Daphne continued"is it true then?" I was tempted to say yes just to see how Malfoy would react but decided I was better than that. "No, I mean he's a great friend but nothing more than that." 

I got up to go to potions but before I could leave Harry called me name. I stopped and let Ron and Harry catch up to me. "There's nothing going on between you and Malfoy right?" My brother sneered, "No were just friends if that." If there was one person who could not know about my newfound crush it was Harry. The three of us talked as we walked to potions,  "Settle down, settle down," said Professor Snape idly as the three of us walked in just seconds before class started.   They were making a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution. Malfoy set up his cauldron right next to Harry, Ron, and I so that we were preparing their ingredients on the same table. He smirked at me and I whispered to him, "Please try not to start anything." "It's not me you should be saying that too," he gave a malicious glare towards Harry. 

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm —" "Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," said Snape without looking up. Ron went brick red.  "There's nothing wrong with your arm,"I hissed at Malfoy. Malfoy smirked across the table.   "Weasley, you heard Professor Snape; cut up these roots." Ron seized his knife, pulled Malfoy's roots toward him, and began to chop them roughly, so that they were all different sizes. "Professor," drawled Malfoy, "Weasley's mutilating my roots, sir." 

 Snape approached their table, stared down his hooked nose at the roots, then gave Ron an unpleasant smile from beneath his long, greasy black hair. "Change roots with Malfoy, Weasley." Ron gulped, but I piped in before he could respond "He can take mine." I passed my perfectly cut roots to Draco but he hesitated before taking them, "Are you sure Potter, I'm sure Wesley won't mind."  I shook my head and started cutting as fast as I could, "Because of Miss. Pottor's generosity," hissed Snape, "Ten points to Slytherin." 

"Potter, you can skin Malfoy's shrivelfig," said Snape, giving Harry the look of loathing he always reserved just for him. "Seen your pal Hagrid lately?" he asked them quietly. "None of your business," said Ron jerkily, without looking up. "I'm afraid he won't be a teacher much longer," said Malfoy in a tone of mock sorrow. "Father's not very happy about my injury —" "Keep talking, Malfoy, and I'll give you a real injury," snarled Ron.  I was trying to hold my temper, but Malfoy made that pretty hard. "– he's complained to the school governors. And to the Ministry of Magic. Father's got a lot of influence, you know. And a lasting injury like this" — he gave a huge, fake sigh — "who knows if my arm'll ever be the same again?" Ok that was enough, "Oh that's Malfoy. Are you forgetting I was in the hospital wing with you?" Ron and Harry looked at me eyebrows raised,"Your arm is fine , you and I both know it." 

"So that's why you're putting it on," said Harry, accidentally beheading a dead caterpillar because his hand was shaking in anger, "To try to get Hagrid fired." I accidentally dropped my knife I bent down to pick it up but before I was even standing upright Harry's arm was wrapped tightly around Draco's broken arm. He was wincing in pain, maybe that injury wasn't as fabricated as we thought. "I swear to God Malfoy if I ever catch you looking up my sisters skirt again you'll be as good as dead." Draco had no witty remark, he just looked down. The class had watched the little altercation, Draco whispered from across the table, "I swear Amelia," I looked up from my cauldron glaring at him, "I wasn't looking," I rolled my eyes and returned to my potion.