4.5

We made it back to the tents and got a few hours of sleep before being waken while it was still dark. Mr. Wesley used magic to pack up the tents and we left the campsite as quickly as possible. 

As the Burrow came into sight, a cry echoed along the lane."Oh thank goodness, thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley, who had evidently been waiting for them in the front yard, came running toward them, still wearing her bedroom slippers, her face pale and strained, a rolled-up copy of the DailyProphet clutched in her hand. The headline read SCENES OF TERROR AT QUIDDITCH WORL CUP.  "You're all right," Mrs. Weasley muttered distractedly, releasingMr. Weasley and staring around at them all with red eyes, "you're alive. . . . Oh boys . . ."And to everybody's surprise, she seized Fred and George and pulled them both into such a tight hug that their heads banged together."Ouch! Mum — you're strangling us —""I shouted at you before you left!" Mrs. Weasley said, starting to sob. "It's all I've been thinking about! What if You-Know-Who had got you, and the last thing I ever said to you was that you didn't get enough O.W.L.s? Oh Fred . . . George . . ." 

We took a seat in the cozy living room and everyone felt into relaxation mode. "Oh Amelia dear," Mrs. Weasley said as she looked at my face. Overnight a black eye formed to go with my bruised cheekbones and arms. "What happened?" she asked with motherly concerned, "oh no there's no need to worry-" "it was my fault," George interrupted, "I lost her in the crowd and she got trampled on." Mrs. Weasley shook her head and started tending to my bruised face. I winced as she put ice on my eye, but she demanded I leaved it there. 

We played a quick game of quidditch and then came in due to rain.  George, Fred, and I made ourselves comfortable in the corner of the living room. "What are you three up to?" said Mrs. Weasley sharply, her eyes on the twins."Homework," said Fred vaguely."Don't be ridiculous, you're still on holiday," said Mrs. Weasley."Yeah, we've left it a bit late," said George."You're not by any chance writing out a new order form, are you?" said Mrs. Weasley shrewdly. "You wouldn't be thinking of restarting Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, by any chance?" I had to put my hands in my lap to avoid laughing. "Now, Mum," said Fred, looking up at her, a pained look on his face. "If the Hogwarts Express crashed tomorrow, and George and I died, how would you feel to know that the last thing we ever heard from you was an unfounded accusation?"Everyone laughed, even Mrs. Weasley. 

"Millie you really got to work on your lying skills," Fred said to me. "Hey last I checked I'm your top investor," I responded. It was true, I had given them the gold needed for supplies and ingredients. They promised they'd give me 20% of their profit, but I couldn't accept that. 

The next day the end-of-holidays sadness was apparent throughout the Burrow. I got changed into jeans and a simple black sweater, and threw my hair into a low messy braid. Hermione, Ginny, and I double checked we had everything packed before heading down for breakfast.  

Bill and Charlie decided to come and see everyone off at King'sCross station, but Percy, apologizing most profusely, said that he really needed to get to work."I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment," he told them. "Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me.""Yeah, you know what, Percy?" said George seriously. "I reckon he'll know your name soon." I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants, "well I'll see you next summer Wezlebee," I said while shaking Percy's stiff hand, "don't forget to put a good word in for me about that internship." 

The journey to Kings Cross was uncomfortable, we were cramped in the back of the muggle taxis with our trunks and owls. 

The Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts. "I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny good-bye."Why?" said Fred keenly."You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it . . . it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all."  "Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost wistfully at the train."Why?" said George impatiently."You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, his eyes twinkling. "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it. . . .""A bit of what?" said Ron.But at that moment, the whistle blew, and Mrs. Weasley chivvied them toward the train doors."Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs.  Weasley," I said as I climbed on board.