4.7

I got to my empty dorm, my face aching and my hand sore. I looked in the mirror, my bruises that haven't healed from the World Cup were now accompanied by a prominent bruise forming on my cheekbone. My face was the least of my problems, I had no idea what triggered Draco's sudden disdain for me. 

I felt deja vu from last year, him being nice then turning in just an absolute dick. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. I heard a knock on the door and Kat and Georgina walked in, "feeling ok?" Kat asked me as she handed me a plate of meat pie, "desert too," Georgina handed me a bowl of rice pudding. "Thanks guys," I was starving, "I feel fine, honestly but are you two good now?" They smiled at each other, "yeah we talked it out, anything for you Potter," Kat said as she climbed into bed and sat next to me, Georgina took a seat at the foot of the bed. 

I dug into the dinner and tried to explain how I was feeling, "he sent me the nicest letters and then I don't know what I did to set him off but he absolutely despises me." "Oh come on Amelia," Kat said shaking my shoulder, "Draco is a spoiled brat, I'm his cousin I know how he probably has never heard the word no before. He doesn't hate you, he just doesn't understand why you aren't melting at his feet." I tried to argue but Kat cut me off, "I'm not justifying my cousins actions but it's probably easier for him to lash out then accept that you lost your feelings for him." 

I threw my head into my pillow, "what if I haven't lost my feelings for him, I'm forcing myself to not act on the urges and look where it got me. I got punched in the face." I groaned, guys were so difficult. "He's an egotistical child Amelia," Georgina said in a reassuring way, "I'm sure you could get with any boy at Hogwarts, show Malfoy you aren't waiting for him to get his act together." 

That night I felt about what Georgina said, I couldn't use an innocent boy to make Draco jealous. But maybe I could develop feelings for someone else, the only guy who I ever felt somewhat feelings for was George. But I could never risk ruining our friendship.

The next day was relatively easy we had little homework and I had a free hour to get my my work done. Vivian, Kat, and I found an empty table in the corner of the library and we got to work.  I was engrossed in my potions essay when I felt a light tap on my shoulder "could we talk Potter?" Before I could turn around Vivian spoke up. "Wasn't the bruise enough Malfoy?" "I  wasn't asking you Wang," Draco said not taking his hand off my shoulder. "If I'm not back in five, send help," I said to my two friends before following Draco to an empty corner. 

"Lemme guess Draco you're sorry and you think that I should forgive you right away," he shook his head, "no Amelia you have no reason to forgive me." He was right, I shouldn't forgive him he was an absolute ass. "Yeah you're right Draco, I shouldn't forgive you but I at least deserve an explanation." He shifted uncomfortably, "you do, I was agitated and annoyed at you. I want you Potter so bad." I bit the inside of my cheeks, "punching me and being rude is not the best way to achieve that goal." He rubbed his temples, "no I know Potter its just- Adrian Pucey overheard some Hufflepuff girls gossiping how you and Diggory got together at the World Cup." 

I couldn't help myself, I let out a laugh. "Diggory and I? Cedric and I spent maybe two hours together, we are just friends." "Maybe you should tell him that," Draco said angrily. "Even if there was something going on, that gives you no right to treat me like dirt." "Amelia I would never mean to hurt you, please I'm begging you, forgive me." I started walking but he stepped in front of me, "just please tell me, why don't you feel for me the way I feel for you?" I did feel for him, I wanted nothing more than to be held in his arms, but I couldn't, not after he had treated me. "You know why." 

I didn't see Draco for the rest of the day, he didn't even look at me during dinner, and he made sure to sit on the opposite side of the common room. "What did Draco want?" Kat asked as we took a seat on the leather sofas, "Malfoy, when did you two talk?" Georgina asked curiously. "Oh you know, he wanted to apologize-" "and admit his undeniable love for you," Kat interrupted. I rolled my eyes and tried to turn my focus back onto my ancient ruins assignment. After a few minutes Kat threw her book down, "well I'm bored," after Georgina and I didn't respond she walked over to where Blaise was sitting with Draco and Theodore.

"She just doesn't stop does she," Georgina said as she observed Kat skip over and take a seat close to Blaise, "she really is naive enough to believe that Zabini doesn't want one thing from her." Kat was whispering in his ear and he was staring lustfully at her. "I think he might really like her," I said, "I mean look at how he stares at her while she talks." Georgina put her book down and focused more carefully, "I mean she does have that charming Scottish accent and anyone who listens to her that patiently is definitely interested in more than the blonde hair," Georgina said. 

That night I rolled around trying to fall asleep, but my mind kept lingering to Draco. I thought of us last year, the thrill of sneaking around. I thought of our short kiss at the World Cup, the ups and downs of our relationship. The complexity of how he treats me, one day he will treat me with the respect I deserve and the next he'll either ignore me or make me feel horrible about myself.

I had finally started drifting to sleep when I was shaken awake. "Kat what is it?" I asked as I sat up, "she's gone, Georgina." I grabbed my wand, "Lumos" I said pointing the light towards Georgina's empty bed. 

"Look," Kat said as she lifted up Georgina's black silk pajamas, "why would she change her clothes in the middle of the night," I said confused. "Tomorrows Friday, we can sneak some coffee from the kitchen and stay up to see if she leaves." Kat usually wasn't a thinker, but that was rathe brilliant of her. I thought of Harry's invisibility cloak, "my brother has something that might be able to help us."